2017 CVT Finance Officer NGo New Job in Kakuma Kenya
Sept 2017 CVT Finance Officer NGo New Job in Kakuma Kenya
Sept 2017 CVT Finance Officer NGo Current Job in Kakuma Kenya
Sept 2017 CVT Finance Officer NGo Job Vacancy in Kakuma Kenya
Center for Victims of Torture (CVT)
Vacancy Announcement: Finance Officer – Kakuma
Organization: The Center for Victims of Torture works toward a future in which torture ceases to exist and its victims have hope for a new life. We are an international nonprofit dedicated to healing survivors of torture.
We provide direct care for those who have been tortured, train partners around the world who can prevent and treat torture, and advocate for human rights and an end to torture.
We are headquartered in Minnesota with offices in Africa and the Middle East.
In Kenya we have offices and clinics in Nairobi and Dadaab.
Position Summary: The finance Officer will be responsible for all financial work of CVT’s program in Kakuka to ensure all financial related responsibilities are implemented in line with CVT’s organizational strategies, national staff policies & procedures to achieve program outcomes.
Position: Finance Officer
Location: Kakuma, Kenya
Reports to: Field Coordinator
Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of the position and major areas of accountability and core responsibilities and tasks on financial managements.
- Book keeping and general accounting
- Compliance with CVT financial procedures
- Recording program incomes and expenditures/disbursements
- Keeping and updating the books of accounts on a daily basis
- Managing the cash flow for daily operations and ensuring enough cash is available for project related expenses
- Disbursing cash for expenditures in accordance with approved Purchase Requests
- Plan and monitor all office cash flows
- Establish reconciliation of all outstanding advances, payables and outstanding checks
- Documents all financial transaction and make sure every financial transaction is recorded.
- Prepare monthly finance expenditure report for the office
- Facilitate cash counts and Bank reconciliations at the end of every month.
- Facilitate procurement documents processing and verify all procurement documents for payment against receipts
- Prepare monthly cash projections for the program in liaison with program staff and, logistics and send to Nairobi office.
Experience & skills required
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or other business related degree. (Preferred)
- At least CPA II OR ACCA.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel
- 3-5 years working experience in working with donor funded projects preferably BPRM/US funded project
- Ability to set priorities, organize time efficiently and work independently on several tasks simultaneously.
- Experience working in local and regional contexts and knowledge of local area and community structures desirable.
- Able to work in a stressful environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team context.
- Able to meet strict deadlines.
DISCLAIMER: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit CV and a cover letter indicating three professional referees and their contacts (both email and telephone) to email@example.com
The subject line of your application should be ‘Finance Officer – Kakuma’
Closing Date: 22nd September 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.