2017 CVT Logistic Officer NGO New Job in Kakuma Kenya
Sept 2017 CVT Logistic Officer NGO New Job in Kakuma Kenya
Sept 2017 CVT Logistic Officer NGO Current Job in Kakuma Kenya
Sept 2017 CVT Logistic Officer NGO Job Vacancy in Kakuma Kenya
Center for Victims of Torture (CVT)
Vacancy Announcement: Logistic Officer – Kakuma
Organization: The Center for Victims of Torture works toward a future in which torture ceases to exist and its victims have hope for a new life. We are an international nonprofit dedicated to healing survivors of torture.
We provide direct care for those who have been tortured, train partners around the world who can prevent and treat torture, and advocate for human rights and an end to torture.
We are headquartered in Minnesota with offices in Africa and the Middle East. In Kenya we have offices and clinics in Nairobi and Dadaab.
Position Summary: The Logistic Officer will provide logistical / Administrative support to Kakuma CVT’s program and to ensure all logistical related issues are implemented in line with CVT’s organizational strategies, national staff policies & procedures to achieve program outcomes.
Position: Logistic Officer
Location: Kakuma, Kenya
Reports to: Field Coordinator
Duties and Responsibilities
Maintenance of equipment’s and facilities
- Prepare and keep an inventory of all CVT properties
- Update and label inventory of all CVT assets
- Make sure all CVT equipment are ready and in good condition to be used for the program objectives
- Make sure all CVT assets and equipment are used and under standard safety conditions
- Manage Vehicles’ repair and maintenance according to CVT’s set standard and safety procedures.
- Follow up of execution of contracts with outside service providers: carpenters, plumbers, masons, construction contractors, vehicle renters etc.
- Verify that all tasks contracted out to vendors are done with respect to the terms and conditions of the contracts.
- Supplies’ Management and Procurement
- Ensure respect and compliance to CVT procurement and financial policy
- Plan and carry out efficient procurement and distribution of program office and house supplies
- Ensure proper set up and management of fuel and vehicle spares , including maintenance and update the fuel monitoring database Work closely with Finance officer on issues related to procurements and maintenance.
Supervision of drivers
- Ensure drivers comply to their job description in supporting program activities.
- Prepare schedules for drivers’ daily, weekly and/or monthly assignments and duties for drivers’.
- Plan vehicle movement schedule and monitoring of all vehicles’ movements
- Initiate regular drivers supervisions and safety briefing meetings on weekly basis.
- Plan for leave schedules for drivers for the smooth running of program activities.
- Liaise with HR officer on all HR related issues regarding drivers and other logistics staff that includes but not limited to all types of leave, R & R.
- Ensure that drivers’ report to work on time are assign daily movement plans and follow all SoPs related to convoy movement, to the camps and out of operational areas.
- Prepare budgets and track expenditures related to repairs and maintenance of equipment
- Assist the Field Coordinator in Security and Safety Management of the CVT Field Operation
- Support, respect and apply the existing security protocols as required to CVT operations.
- Assist in carrying out risks assessment activities for the CVT field operations for advice on amendments and improvement of existing security protocols.
- Assist in training and updating CVT field staff on security and safety standards procedures and protocols.
- Attend and represent CVT in NGOs liaison security meetings.
- Provide alert to staff on upcoming security concerns through appropriate communication channels
- Track movement of CVT vehicles, staff and commodities in the operational area.
- Update the FC on the outcome of the security meetings & other upcoming security concerns in our operational areas and in the office.
- Ensure CVT assets and equipment are used and under appropriate safety and security standards
- Oversee CVT’s compound management activities by ensuring a peaceful working atmosphere with partner organizations. Attend compound meetings , Manage housekeeping and space planning duties, attend to visitors and ensure they get proper accommodation.
- Provide administrative support to Program staff in creating correspondence, coordinate appointments and travel schedules.
- Assist the Nairobi HR/Admin Officer make travel arrangements for staff and visitors to Kakuma through ECHO and UNHAS flights bookings or road transport.
- Take lead in organizing official functions in identifying suitable venues and sampling appropriate services at competitive rates.
- Oversee the management of communication systems and network for the program. Facilitate communication with departments and external stakeholders as relevant. Oversee distribution of incoming and outgoing mail/ letters/ documents. Maintain a logical catalogue of the organization’s filing system.
Experience & skills required
- Diploma/ Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics
- Member of a Supply Chain Professional body, CIPS, KISM
- 3 years Experience working for an International Organization with US funded grants , preferably BPRM/USAID
- Working experience of 3 years and above in the same position or similar in the areas of supply chain management, procurement, logistics, inventory, fleet management.
- Staff management skills, budgeting skills
- Past experience in security and safety operational protocols with INGOs
- Experience in Information Technology / trouble shooting problems with computers, update of soft-wares.
- Fluent in English and Swahili is highly desirable.
DISCLAIMER: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit CV and a cover letter indicating three professional referees and their contacts (both email and telephone) to email@example.com
The subject line of your application should be ‘logistic Officer – Kakuma’
Closing Date: 22nd September 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.