2017 Earthoil Quality Control Lab.Technician New Job in Kenya
Sept 2017 Earthoil Quality Control Laboratory Technician New Job in Kenya
Sept 2017 Earthoil Quality Control Laboratory Technician Job Vacancy in Kenya
Earthoil is the personal care and cosmetic ingredients division of Treatt and specializes in the manufacture and supply of pure, organic, fair trade essential and cold pressed vegetable seed oils.
Earthoil is seeking to recruit a Quality Control Laboratory Technician to join their dedicated team in Quality control Department.
- Perform classical analysis of vegetable oils and raw materials (e.g. peroxide values, FFA as oleic, acid values, moisture content, and oil content).
- Measure parameters such as density, refractive index, optical rotation, colour measurement, melting points, and other tests if required.
- Perform instrumental analysis of vegetable oils and raw materials (e.g. gas chromatography and related preparation of fatty acid methyl esters).
- Perform organoleptic evaluation of the above products as necessary
- Maintain QC laboratory chemical inventory and provide to the Food Safety and Quality Control Supervisor a list of items necessary for routine analysis that need re-stocking.
- Carry out regular calibration of the measuring instruments as prescribed by the working practices in the laboratory
- Follow any task and request linked to Technical projects as requested by Food Safety and Quality Control Supervisor
- Ensure that the working area in the laboratory is maintained in a clean and orderly condition and that any hazard or potential hazard is reported to Food Safety and Quality Control Supervisor
- Prepare and standard reagents for routine and non-routine analysis. Standardise the reagents as required to ensure accuracy of results.
- When necessary arrange for analytical samples to be sent for external analysis and collating the results
- Wash up glass wear as well as put away dry glass wear
- Degree/Diploma in any science related course
- Minimum 2 years Experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of ISO stds an added advantage. ISO 9001 & 22000
- Experience in use of GC Equipment a Must (Gas Chromatography).
- Experience working in a manufacturing set-up
Company’s budget for this position. Ksh30,000-40,000 plus other company Benefits.
How to Apply
How to Apply
If you believe your current objectives match this exciting position please forward your application letter and detailed C.V to firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com by 22nd September 2017.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.