2017 Job Continuous Quality Improvement Officer in Kenya
Oct 2017 New Job Continuous Quality Improvement Officer in Kenya
Oct 2017 Job Opportunity Continuous Quality Improvement Officer in Kenya
Oct 2017 Job Position Continuous Quality Improvement Officer in Kenya
Organization: University of Maryland
Closing date: 16 Oct 2017
The University of Maryland Baltimore Global Health Initiatives through its operating arm Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) Kenya implements comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment programs to facilitate the Kenya Ministry of Health to control the spread of HIV and rapidly scale up HIV services, institute continuous quality improvement methods as well as the M & E infrastructure necessary to support these services. MGIC Kenya is seeking suitably qualified persons able to fill the following position in the PACT Timiza project implemented in Kisii and Migori Counties. The overarching goal of the program is to support the health departments of the County Governments of Migori and Kisii, Ministry of Health (MOH) facilities, to deliver enhanced, integrated high impact package of sustainable HIV prevention and treatment services for the achievement of HIV epidemic control (the 90:90:90 goals) as defined in the Kenya AIDS Strategic Framework (2014-2018/9).
Position: Continuous Quality Improvement Officer
Reports to: Program Quality Improvement Advisor (QIA)
The primary function of this position will be to transfer knowledge and capacity related to PDSA/STOC components and patient health indicator tracking (Performance measurement) and use to indigenous teams working directly with health facility staff in collaboration with facility managers and SCMOH in QI projects.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provide capacity building through trainings and mentorship to PACT Timiza supported facilities
· Coordinate facility and Sub-county based teams in liaison with the QIA
· Review QI/PDSA activities as reported by the facility teams on a monthly basis, provide group and individual trainings on CQI models and care delivery improvement and report progress monthly to the QIA.
· Work closely with other specialists to initiate component specific improvement projects and support in developing measurement tools
· Coordinate documentation of QI projects as well as maintaining documentation of the same.
· Provide direct technical assistance and mentorship on health facility
· Mentor facility CQI teams to build local capacity for CQI activities together with Sub-County and county QI champions
· Participate as a member of the County QIC and stakeholders’ forum
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
· Registered Clinical Officer or registered Nurse
· MPH is an added advantage
· At least 3 years’ experience in organizational development and project implementation,
· At least 5 years’ relevant experience in continuous quality improvement and patient monitoring systems in resource limited settings
· Proficiency in HIV/AIDS knowledge and management
· Exceptional communication skills
· Proficiency in Microsoft word, excel and power point
· Excellent time management and organizational skills;
· Experience with interpreting and performing statistical analysis and DDIU advocacy
How to apply:
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to MGIC_Recruitment@mgic.umaryland.edu on or before 16th October 2017 at noon. Applicants are advised to include the position title “Continuous Quality Improvement Officer” as the subject