2017 New Job Systems Analyst (Short-term consultancy) Kenya
Oct 2017 New Job Systems Analyst (Short-term consultancy) in Kenya
Oct 2017 Job Opportunity Systems Analyst (Short-term consultancy) in Kenya
Oct 2017 Career Vacancy Systems Analyst (Short-term consultancy) in Kenya
Organization: Development Pathways
Closing date: 23 Oct 2017
Position: International Systems Analyst
Location of Work: Based in the Development Pathways’ office in Nairobi, Kenya
Contract: This is a short term contractual post with a 1-month probationary period
Reporting to: Senior Management Information Systems Specialist
Assignment Duration: approx. 70 days with possibility of contract on other international management information system (MIS) projects depending on satisfactory performance
Development Pathways is an international consultancy organisation providing expert advice to clients in areas including: social protection, social development, gender, livelihoods, financial inclusion and management information systems. We are committed to innovative, progressive and evidence-based social policy and aim to influence international debates on social policy through our website and participation in international fora. We combine country-specific social and political analysis with lessons learnt from extensive international experience to ensure that policies and programmes are robust and benefit the most vulnerable, including: children, women, older persons and persons with disabilities.
Development Pathways has worked extensively across Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Latin America and the Caribbean, delivering on high quality consultancy assignments for a variety of multilateral institutions such as the World Bank, Asian Development Bank (ADB), International Labour Organisation (ILO), United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), World Food Programme (WFP), and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP); bilateral donors such as the UK Department for International Development (DFID) and Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT); and international NGOs such as Save the Children, Action Against Hunger, and HelpAge International.
Development Pathways currently has 20 permanent staff across the two offices, working alongside a large global network of trusted consultants. Our offices are located in Orpington, UK and Nairobi, Kenya. Our work in management information systems is run out of the Kenya office. As an employer, we put our staff first and are committed to flexible working practices and developing our staff’s professional capabilities. For more information about our organisation, please visit www.developmentpathways.co.uk.
Development Pathways is currently seeking a Systems Analyst to support the design of an integrated Management Information System for a cash transfer programme. This position will be based in Kenya and will contribute to the development of an integrated cash transfer management information, with the aim of underpinning the administration and monitoring of the scheme, alongside a manual of operations for the MIS, security protocols and a policy on the management of the data.
The systems Analyst working closely with a team leader, developers and quality assurance specialists is required with specific remit of translating the high-level requirements into detailed system requirements which will describe integrated cash transfer MIS business processes into processes maps, use case diagrams, entity relationship diagrams and data flow diagrams; document system interfaces (User Experience – UX and User Interface – UI) and develop data models.
The Systems Analyst will be responsible for the following duties:
- Responsible for ensuring stakeholders are aligned with and aware of the strategy, vision, capability and constraints of the Integrated Cash Transfer MIS platform and operating model;
- Ensuring requirements and design adhere to scope and objectives;
- Translate the high-level requirements into detailed system requirements which will describe Integrated Cash Transfer MIS business processes into low level processes maps, use case diagrams and data flow diagrams;
- Production of wireframes, user interface specifications, creating visual prototypes, and ensuring the Integrated Cash Transfer MIS outputs have the user experience in mind;
- Documentation of the database design, data models, entity relationship diagrams;
- Communication of functional design and quality criteria to the development team;
- Focal point for queries / issues related to system functionality through all phases of the project;
- Design, development, test and maintain the integration architecture between Integrated Cash Transfer MIS and external MISs and databases;
- Support the Senior Software and Database Developer to design and implement the appropriate architecture and development framework to meet the requirements; and
- Build a pre-production environment with test harness to simulate data from external platforms to facilitate and support testing.
C. Person Specifications
The Systems Analyst must have the following qualifications, skills and competencies:
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Science or related degree;
- A minimum of 10 years of technology experience working in ICT industry with at least 5 years’ hands-on expertise managing projects with strong information and communication technology component;
- 5 years of experience in user interface and user experience design as well as experience with relevant tools, such as Adobe Experience Design, Macaw, Axure RP, and Balsamiq;
- Strong experience in conducting business process reviews, functional gaps and overlaps in the programs, particularly for integrated programs;
- Good interpersonal and time management skills;
- Effective communication, negotiation and relationship-building skills;
- Extensive knowledge of data processing, hardware platforms, and enterprise software applications;
- Technical experience with systems networking, databases, Web development, and user support;
- Good background in Data Base design especially relational database management systems such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle and Access;
- Background in fourth generational programming languages such as Java, Microsoft Visual Studio.NET, Visual Basic, PHP, Borland Delphi etc.;
- Sound knowledge of MISs or other relevant information systems; and
- Fluent in English.
- Experience with national level social protection programmes, cash transfer programmes, case management systems and/or child protection systems would be an added advantage; and
- International work experience in developing countries conducting similar work is an advantage.
How to apply:
We invite interested candidates who meet the requirements to email their applications to email@example.com
Applications should include:
- A one-page letter explaining why you are applying for this position, and how your recent relevant experience and skills meet the requirements for this position;
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae (maximum of two pages) specifying your qualifications, education and relevant work experience;
- Names, email addresses and day-time contact numbers for two referees.
The closing date is 5pm (GMT) on Monday, 23rd October 2017. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and a successful candidate may be selected prior to the closing date.
Due to the high number of applications expected, unfortunately only successful candidates will be contacted.