2017 Nova Pioneer Campus New Job at Tatu City & Kiambu
Sept 2017 Nova Pioneer Campus Operations Associate New Job at Tatu City & Kiambu
Sept 2017 Nova Pioneer Campus Operations Associate Current Job at Tatu City & Kiambu
About Nova Pioneer: Nova Pioneer is a pan-African school network that prepares the next generation of leaders and innovators through world-class teaching methods with an emphasis on 21st century skills.
Our team culture is designed to reinforce our vision:
- We model the growth mindset we want our students to embody: you are challenged every day and, as a result, you grow more than at any other point in your life.
- We pursue excellence in every detail and do whatever it takes to produce great work quickly.
- We are radically open: we share tough messages and our own vulnerabilities because doing so helps us grow.
- We put our students before our team, and our team before ourselves.
- We bring infectious energy, enthusiasm and fun to everything we do because joy fuels the hardest work and learning.
The Campus Ops Associate is responsible for assisting or directing the planning, development and implementation of duties and projects related to Pre-Primary and Primary School Academic Systems, Sports Activities, Transport, Meal Services, Educational Technology, Library, IT Services, Facilities Management, Procurement and Finance and Administration.
The role entails ensuring that support services are provided in an efficient and effective manner so that the school is better equipped to meet the students learning and social needs.
General Campus Operations
- Assist with implementation of any and all initiatives put forth by Operations team.
- Leads and/or provides support in the execution of projects related to school goals – renovation, construction, new policies/systems, etc.
- Ensures smooth campus operations (including evening and weekend activities) by liaising closely with resident teaching staff and operations team.
- Supports in the successful running of various aspects of school operations – Library, Student Support Services, Kitchen operations, Sports Activities, etc.
- Is the go-to-person on the team when it comes to campus cleanliness, maintenance & repairs, facilities management, security and utilities.
- Responsible for the operation, supervision and maintenance of building systems to provide continuous supply of water, electrical power, and other utilities required for operations.
- Works closely with the campus security team and caretaker to aid in the maintenance of a safe learning environment.
- Develops and supervises the implementation of the routine and preventive maintenance required for all buildings and physical equipment.
- Assists in forecasting and managing the school facilities budget.
- Assists in doing various cost analysis to identify operational improvements.
- Responsible for planning, assigning and directing contract/casual staff, including cleaning and security staff.
- Responsible for appraising staff performance; rewarding and disciplining contract/casual staff; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- A minimum of 4 years of related work experience preferably in business operations, project management, marketing, event management and/or finance operations.
- At least 1-2 years spent in a supervisory/leadership role demonstrating progressive responsibility.
- Superior problem solving and planning skills.
- Highly developed organizational, communication and presentation skills.
- A high degree of computer literacy.
- Superior interpersonal skills as demonstrated by the ability to form professional relationships at all levels the organization and with appropriate external stakeholders.
- Overseas work experience within a multicultural environment would be advantageous.
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you?
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word® may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in Microsoft Word® or PDF format to protect formatting.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the right candidate is identified.