2017 Transport Manager New Job at Tatu City Kiambu Kenya
Sept 2017 Nova Pioneer Transport Manager New Job at Tatu City Kiambu Kenya
Sept 2017 Nova Pioneer Transport Manager Current Job at Tatu City Kiambu Kenya
Sept 2017 Nova Pioneer Transport Manager Job Vacancy at Tatu City Kiambu Kenya
About Nova Pioneer: Nova Pioneer is a pan-African school network that prepares the next generation of leaders and innovators through world-class teaching methods with an emphasis on 21st century skills.
Our team culture is designed to reinforce our vision:
- We model the growth mindset we want our students to embody: you are challenged every day and, as a result, you grow more than at any other point in your life.
- We pursue excellence in every detail and do whatever it takes to produce great work quickly.
- We are radically open: we share tough messages and our own vulnerabilities because doing so helps us grow.
- We put our students before our team, and our team before ourselves.
- We bring infectious energy, enthusiasm and fun to everything we do because joy fuels the hardest work and learning.
The Transportation Manager assumes the duties and responsibilities as related to organising, supervising and training personnel, as well as, dispatching, routing, and scheduling buses.
General Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops a timely and efficient bus schedule which allows students to be transported to and from school in a manner which supports the Learning Section’s needs.
- Coordinates with Learning personnel the use of Transportation Section vehicles to transport student to special education functions.
- Assesses bus routes and other transportation functions to ensure that maximum safety, service, etc. are being attained, makes adjustments when necessary if maximum potentials are not being reached.
- Review requests, schedules, and notices to determine work sequences, and destinations.
- Develops procedures for extracurricular trips involving Transportation Section vehicles and personnel.
- Responds in a positive and professional manner to parents who have problems or express concerns.
- Participates in the selection of all Transportation Section staff for hire, development, support and career growth opportunities.
- Develops training manuals and maintains training records for all Transportation Section drivers and assigns training tasks to experienced workers.
- Defines job performance expectations of staff, evaluates job performance, conducts conferences and/or improvement plans to ensure the best operation of the Section.
- Resolve worker problems or collaborate with employees to assist in problem resolution.
- Ensures that all vehicles in the Transportation Section are adequately maintained by overseeing or scheduling repairs and preventive maintenance of vehicles and other equipment.
- Inspect vehicles, equipment, and facilities to ensure that they are safe, free of defects, and consistent with specifications and in compliance with all Government licensing bodies, Ministry of Education and other County Standards.
- Accepts responsibilities for registering, licensing and maintaining a maintenance log for all School vehicles.
- Keeps abreast of current specifications required by the State regarding school buses.
- Ensures that bus drivers are familiar with procedures in dealing with misconduct/conflicts.
- Participates in relevant professional growth experiences which expand knowledge of operating the Section.
- Monitor field work to ensure that it is being performed properly.
- Provides the Procurement Section with bid specifications when attaining new vehicles, recommendations of any leased vehicles and is responsible for adherence to any Warranty or Service Level Agreements issued by or to suppliers and vendors respectively.
- Prepare, compile, and submit reports on work activities, operations, and work-related accidents.
- Interpret transportation and tariff regulations, safety regulations, and School policies and procedures for employees.
- Reviews purchase requisitions for the Transportation Section and is responsible for cost management.
- Ensures that data is maintained in fuel expenditures per defined cost management matrices and budgets.
- Prepares and submits all reports required by the School Management Team.
- Coordinates the rental of charter buses and other vehicles used in field trips for School groups.
- Receives and files current student enrollment reports (by geographic area) and oversees the maintenance of records of students participating in School Transportation process.
- Oversee dispatching of personnel and vehicles in response to telephone or radio reports of emergencies.
- Drive vehicles to complete work assignments or to assist workers when necessary.
- Demonstrates awareness of school/community needs, and initiates activities which address such needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in in business administration, transportation administration, or engineering preferred.
- Specialized training in transportation management systems is an added advantage.
- Commercial Driver’s License
- 3-5 years’ years of progressively responsible experience in transportation operations with extensive experience as school or corporate transportation fleet supervisors or distribution centre supervisors, or logistics analysts.
- Experience in training and management or supervision and knowledge of transportation preferred.
- Experience in field of fleet management.
- Technology proficient.
- Proven skills in leadership, management and team building.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have satisfactory outcome of background prior to starting employment.
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word® may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in Microsoft Word® or PDF format to protect formatting.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the right candidate is identified.