2018 Educate Program Manager New Job in Nairobi Kenya
Developing Young Leaders & Entrepreneurs in Africa
Job Vacancy: Program Manager
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Position Overview: Educate! is currently seeking an outstanding people and program manager with experience in the education sector to join our growing team in Kenya as the Program Manager.
As Program Manager you’ll be in charge of a 5-person team who will train and support teachers and mentors across schools in Kenya, ensuring that the program is delivered as designed and managing program goals, budget, and all-around implementation to achieve maximum impact on youth.
Educate!’s model was launched in Uganda in 2009, and since then we have worked to build the most innovative, sustainable, scalable and cost-effective model possible. In 2016 we launched in 100+ schools in Rwanda, working closely with the Rwandan Education Board to support roll-out of the entrepreneurship subject in the new competency-based curriculum.
In 2018 we’ll be working in 700 schools in Uganda, launching our program in Kenya, and expanding in Rwanda to work with more than 150 new schools. Reporting to the Program Director, our new Program Manager in Kenya will oversee program launch in those schools and empower our team to deliver the highest quality program across all schools.
The right person for this opportunity is passionate about our mission and excels in managing people, projects, and budget to achieve program goals. You should
have experience managing programs and people, be driven to contribute to the education sector, and be excited to create program resources by documenting
Educate! works to transform education in Africa to teach youth to solve poverty for themselves and their communities.
Educate! provides youth with skills training in leadership, entrepreneurship and workforce readiness along with mentorship to start real businesses at school.
Our model is delivered through practically-trained teachers and youth mentors.
Educate!’s goal is to make this practical, skills-based model part of national education systems.
In 2017 we’re working in 100 schools in Rwanda and more than 500 secondary schools in Uganda, reaching over 120,000 students, and in 2018 we’ll be in more
than 150 schools in Rwanda and 700 in Uganda, while also launching our program in Kenya. Our model was proven to have massive impact in a randomized controlled trial.
Graduates earned DOUBLE the income of a control group and had a 64% increase in business creation. Our graduates change their lives and their communities, such as Lillian Aero who employs over 100 AIDS-affected women.
In 2012 Educate! partnered with Uganda’s government to integrate curriculum and a student business club structure into Uganda’s entrepreneurship course
nationally, and in 2015 we began serving as a technical advisor to Rwanda on their national curriculum reform.
Educate!’s team includes 100 staff and over 140 volunteer youth mentors. We have been backed by top foundations such as MasterCard, Big Bang Philanthropy, Mulago, Echoing Green, Ashoka and Global Innovation Fund.
Educate!’s vision is to reach one million students annually across 10 countries in Africa by 2024.
Program Management and Quality Assurance
- Oversee launch of Educate!’s program in 65 new schools in 2018
- Set and manage to program goals to ensure that the program is executed efficiently and effectively to create maximum impact
- Build and execute systems to maintain quality assurance, ensuring that the program is being delivered as designed
- Manage program budget in line with our philosophy of maximizing impact for every Shilling that we spend
- Promptly and efficiently check and approve expenditures in the field, maintaining compliance with financial procedures
- Coach & Manage a team of Program Coordinators & Program Officers, as they implement the program in schools across the country.
- Recruit & Onboard new Program Coordinators & Program Officers
- Lead creation and updates of program procedures and staff handbooks, making sure that program procedures are accurately and effectively documented
- Review and edit proposed changes to ensure that they are accurate, well-stated, and user-friendly
- Bachelor’s degree, with a minimum of 3 years professional experience (4-5 years preferred).
- Familiarity with and experience in the education sector in Kenya
- At least 1 year of training or teaching experience
- Excellent manager, motivator, and coach
- Comfortable managing a budget and using Excel; demonstrated project management experience; program management experience preferred but not required
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili, with strong writing skills in both
- Kenyan nationals only
- Fits our Five Cultural Tenets (see What is Educate! About? below); Learn more by looking at Educate!’s culture deck here
- This position will be based in Nairobi, but will require visits to rural districts and schools from time to time
- Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Why You Will Brag About Working At Educate!
- We’ve got the impact.
- Educate! is designed for scale. We quadrupled operations in 2014, going from 54 to more than 200 schools served. We carefully measure our outcomes, and — here’s the best part — we are maintaining quality at four times the size.
- We believe in local leadership — 96% of our staff is African.
- Our model has gone nationwide in Uganda — Educate!’s model is now incorporated into the national curriculum and exams, impacting many thousands more students than we can reach directly.
- Educate is a well-oiled learning machine. We built our model by methodically testing hundreds of assumptions and we are constantly experimenting, evaluating, and improving.
- We’re honored that luminaries and leaders like Oliver Wonekha, the Ugandan Ambassador to the US, and Ann Veneman, a former Secretary of Agriculture and head of Unicef, believe in us enough to have joined our advisory board.
Please VISIT HERE to apply online.
You will be asked to upload a resume, and your response to the following questions:
- Why Educate!? Why this role? Tell us what excites you about it and how it fits into your career goals.
- As Program Manager, you would be responsible for ensuring program quality in more than 150 schools where the program is being implemented by your team of 5-8 staff. Tell us about two actions you would take on a regular basis to ensure program quality.
- Briefly summarize your teaching or training experience.
- Briefly summarize your project/program management experience.
Preferred application deadline is March 15th.
After that we will continue to accept applications on a rolling basis, with the goal of filling the position ASAP.
What Is Educate! About?
Educate! is growing fast, so new opportunities are opening up and expanding all the time.
We’re inspired by people with drive, and we love to help them reach their full potential.
We expect everyone at Educate! to contribute above and beyond their job description, grow their skills, and advance their careers, and we are committed to supporting our staff members on that journey.
1. We Put Youth First – The youth we serve come first. Always. In everything. That means we wake up thinking of ways we can serve youth even better and get the highest impact out of every dollar that we spend. It means Educate! doesn’t own a single vehicle, because we’d rather take the bus if it means one more student can participate. It means making every decision like the future depends on it — because if we get our way, it does.
2. We Are Always Learning – When you work at Educate!, educating yourself is part of your job too. We encourage every employee to find the best book on management; share the latest article on graphic design; bring in your favorite college mentor; or meet the researcher pushing the edge of the field. We are always thirsty for knowledge and love to share.
3. We Only Solve a Problem Once – We are allergic to band-aids so we love the person who brings the new system to solve the problem for good, even problems we haven’t recognized yet.
4. We Are Flexible – We thrive on change — we’re driving it. We are growing every day, so we have to adapt quickly to meet new challenges, and our team keeps up.
5. We Exceed Expectations – We assume we can achieve the impossible because we already have, year after year. We want our staff to create your own challenges, ask the toughest questions, and dream scary big!
Every person at Educate! — from interns to the executive director — is evaluated by how they live up to these five cultural tenets. They are at the core of how we achieve our mission and why we work as well as we do.
Educate is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In creating this environment, we encourage people from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences to join our diverse team.