2018 ICRC Protection Data Operator NGO New Job in Kenya
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti.
The Regional Delegation in Nairobi is seeking for an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of:
Employment Opportunity: Protection Data Operator
(Open to Kenyan nationals only)
Overall Responsibility: The incumbent carries out data processing of information on people entitled to protection under International Humanitarian Law using specialized case-management software.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Performs various data processing on computer mainly independently;
- Performs internal and external follow-up of individual cases;
- Carries out translations;
- Ensures follow-up and updates of PROT6 files;
- Independently consults database, inputs new data and updates existing data upon receipt of new information;
- Updates tracing related cases in database and carries out required follow-up;
- Carries out basic office tasks;
- Assists the Data Administrator in compiling of the monthly and yearly statistics;
- Contributes in handling technical questions and correspondence with the field;
- Independently prepares data for transmission (UAMs /Tracing cases, Red Cross Messages) to other ICRC Offices, to the National Societies and maintains this communication in the follow-up of tracing cases.
- Diploma or Certificate in Business Administration/Secretarial/Computers;
- 2 years of experience in a similar field;
- Excellent English communication skills, verbal and written, with basic knowledge of French;
- Proficiency in Computer skills;
- Sense of organization and confidentiality;
- Good Analytical and organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently.
How to Apply:
Interested persons with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application to: Human Resource Office at the e-mail address; firstname.lastname@example.org before 2nd March, 2018 (indicate the position title in the subject line).
Please include: detailed Curriculum Vitae and motivation letter, copies of relevant certificates, current and expected remuneration and contact details of three referees.
NB: ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED
The ICRC does not charge a fee at any single stage of the recruitment process