2018 Jobs Vacancy Account Assistants Job Mandera County Kenya
Career Recruitment – 2018 Jobs Vacancy Account Assistants Job Mandera County Kenya
Job Employment Kenya: 2018 Jobs Vacancy Account Assistants Job Mandera County Kenya
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Account Assistants Job at Mandera County
Mandera County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions as per the constitution of Kenya 2010 under Articles 176 and County Government Act No 17 of 2012.
ACCOUNT ASSISTANTS- JG “H” TEN (10) POSTS: REF MCG/CPSB/FEP/2018/08/02
Account Assistants Job Responsibilities
This is entry and training grade for non-professionals. An individual at this level will be responsible for performing a variety of accounting work of limited scope and under the guidance of a senior officer.
- Work will involve preparation and verification of vouchers in accordance with the laid down rules and regulation involving primary data entry and routine accounting work such as balancing of cashbooks, imprest and advances ledgers etc.
- Provide monthly returns on income and expenditure of the departments. Maintain the asset register.
- Consolidation of cash-flow projection by departments. Maintaining of up –to date books of accounts.
- Preparation of timely accurate report for decision making by management. Preparation of annual expenditure returns.
- The scope and complexity of work will increase with experience and training but the officer will still be under close guidance where new tasks are.
- He/she will be responsible for safe custody of records and assets under him/her. Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for the Account Assistants Job
- At least Diploma in Business related field (preferably finance or accounting option) or equivalent from a recognized university OR Passed part II of the certified public Accountant (K) Examination or its approved equivalent qualification;
- KCSE certificate or its equivalent;
- Worked in a similar capacity for at least 1-2 years in busy accounts department in either public or private sector;
- Computer literate;
- Ability to get on well with the diverse work force; Good knowledge in the professional field or specialization; Good communication skills; Ability to take instructions; Good organizational and supervisory skills;
- Team playing skills; accuracy; care for resources; manual dexterity; Execution of instruction; interpersonal skills; analytical skills; records management skills;
- Satisfies requirement of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership and integrity.
How to Apply
Written applications, CVs, copies of Certificates, Testimonials and Identity Card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Mandera County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 356-70300,
Applications should reach the County Public Service Board on or before Thursday, 16 th August, 2018 at 4.00p.m. or be hand delivered to the office of the County Public Service Board at Mandera Vocational Training Centre. No Online application will be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Mandera County Government is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women, youth and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.