2018 Jobs Vacancy Accountant Job Mandera County (15 Posts) Kenya
Career Recruitment – 2018 Jobs Vacancy Accountant Job Mandera County (15 Posts) Kenya
Job Employment Kenya: 2018 Jobs Vacancy Accountant Job Mandera County (15 Posts) Kenya
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Accountant Job at Mandera County
Mandera County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions as per the constitution of Kenya 2010 under Articles 176 and County Government Act No 17 of 2012.
ACCOUNTANT I – JG “K” FIFTEEN (15) POSTS
Accountant Job Responsibilities
This will be the entry grade for professionals Accountants. An officer at this level will be required to deal with accounting operation in accounting unit or department. Work at this level will be subjected to occasional checks rather than close supervision;
- Work will involve verification of vouchers and committal documents in accordance with laid down rules and regulation, data capture, maintenance of primary records such as cash book, ledgers, vote book, registers and preparation of simple management reports e.g. imprest and expenditure returns etc.;
- He /she will be responsible for the save custody of government records and assets under him/her, analysis of the below the line accounts and may be deployed as a cashier where duties will entail receiving dully processed payment and receipt vouchers; writing cheques and posting payment and receipt vouchers in the cash book; balancing and ruling of the cash book on daily basis;
- Arranging for withdrawals of cash of cash for office use and ensuring safety of the same at all times; extracting and providing cash liquidity analysis; ensuring security of cheques and cheque books;
- Preparation of expenditure and authority to incur expenditure (AIE) funding returns on quarterly basis at district treasury level;
- Preparation of appropriation in Aid (AID) returns on quarterly basis at unit or department level;
- Paying personnel and merchant claims guided by cash balances in the cash books and treasury regulations and receipting of all money due and payable to government;
- Reconciliation and generating daily and monthly reports for various ledgers;
- Verification of payments vouchers in accordance with the laid down rules and regulation;
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for the Accountant Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business related field (finance or accounting option) or equivalent from a recognized university OR Passed part III of the certified public Accountant (K) Examination or its approved equivalent qualification.
- ACCA/CPA Part 1 or 2 will be an added advantage for those with first degree.
- Worked in a similar capacity for at least 2 years in busy accounts department in either public or private sector.
- Knowledge of IFMIS will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Public Sector Financial Reporting Format is necessary.
- Knowledge of Public Sector financial Regulation and procedure is necessary. Certificate in Computer application.
- Ability to get on well with the diverse work force; Good knowledge in the professional field or specialization; Good communication skills; Ability to take instructions; Good organizational and supervisory skills.
- Team playing skills; accuracy; care for resources; manual dexterity; Execution of instruction; interpersonal skills; analytical skills; records management skills.
- Satisfies requirement of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership and integrity.
How to Apply
Written applications, CVs, copies of Certificates, Testimonials and Identity Card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Mandera County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 356-70300,
Applications should reach the County Public Service Board on or before Thursday, 16 th August, 2018 at 4.00p.m. or be hand delivered to the office of the County Public Service Board at Mandera Vocational Training Centre. No Online application will be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Mandera County Government is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women, youth and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.