2018 Jobs Vacancy Auditor Job Mandera County (14 Posts) Kenya
Career Recruitment – 2018 Jobs Vacancy Auditor Job Mandera County (14 Posts) Kenya
Job Employment Kenya: 2018 Jobs Vacancy Auditor Job Mandera County (14 Posts) Kenya
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Auditor I Job at Mandera County
Mandera County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions as per the constitution of Kenya 2010 under Articles 176 and County Government Act No 17 of 2012.
AUDITOR I – JG “K” FOURTEEN (14) POSTS:
Auditor Job Duties and responsibilities
- An Internal Auditor I will be answerable to a unit leader and will be required to undertake audit assignments;
- Executing audit programs;
- Collecting audit evidence on major issues;
- Reviewing internal control system operation;
- Verifying the existence and safety of government assets;
- Preparation of draft reports and holding discussions with the clients;
- Reviewing budgetary controls on the issuance of authority to incur expenditure and commitments;
- Ensuring completeness and accuracy of records and reports; Prepare an up-to-date guidelines and programs;
- Review and develop audit techniques and procedures for system audit;
- Establishing the risk based audit plans consistent with the county objectives;
- Play a key role in maintaining a strong control environment and supporting initiatives that improves performance;
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for the Auditor Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business related field (finance or accounting option) or equivalent from a recognized university with ACCA/CPA Part 1 or 2; OR
- Passed part III of the certified public Accountant (K) Examination or its approved equivalent qualification;
- Work experience for a period of 1-2 years in either finance, accounting or audit section;
- Knowledge of systems audit will be an added advantage;
- Registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or Institute of Internal Auditors or Association of Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) will be an added advantage;
- Knowledge of Public Sector financial Regulation and procedure is necessary; Certificate in Computer application;
- Ability to get on well with the diverse work force; Good knowledge in the professional field or specialization; Good communication skills; Ability to take instructions; Good organizational and supervisory skills;
- Team playing skills; accuracy; care for resources; manual dexterity; Execution of instruction; interpersonal skills; analytical skills; records management skills;
- Satisfies requirement of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership and integrity.
How to Apply
Written applications, CVs, copies of Certificates, Testimonials and Identity Card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Mandera County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 356-70300,
Applications should reach the County Public Service Board on or before Thursday, 16 th August, 2018 at 4.00p.m. or be hand delivered to the office of the County Public Service Board at Mandera Vocational Training Centre. No Online application will be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Mandera County Government is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women, youth and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.