2018 Jobs Vacancy Budget Officer Job Mandera County (12 Posts) Kenya
Career Recruitment – 2018 Jobs Vacancy Budget Officer Job Mandera County (12 Posts) Kenya
Job Employment Kenya: 2018 Jobs Vacancy Budget Officer Job Mandera County (12 Posts) Kenya
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Budget Officer I Job at Mandera County
Mandera County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions as per the constitution of Kenya 2010 under Articles 176 and County Government Act No 17 of 2012.
BUDGET OFFICER I, JG ‘K’ TWELVE (12) POSTS: REF MCG/CPSB/FEP/2018/08/11
Budget Officer Job Duties and responsibilities
- Assist departments in developing and monitoring annual budgets;
- Liaise with budget holders to ensure timely submission of budget proposals;
- Prepare budget proposal comparative analysis reports, cost center activity and vote-line budget summary;
- Perform analysis of the expenditures in relation to budgeted figures;
- Verify and analyse financial data and information; and generate timely, accurate and comprehensive financial reports in the format stipulated by the County;
- Review budget proposals during budget rationalization and budget defense sessions; Undertakes operational research and statistical as may be required;
- Posts budget information to the budget module of the accounting system in operation Develop, maintain and secures budget databases;
- Collect and collate budgetary information from various departments for analysis & developing circulars for transmission to relevant department;
- Prepare monthly performance assessment reports of investments/projects;
- Ensure timely and effective implementation of financial investments/projects;
- Analyse revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget levels, and ensure expenditure control;
- Any other duties assigned from time to time.
Requirements for the Budget Officer Job
- Be a holder of Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option), Economics/Statistics or Business Administration/Management (Accounting or Finance) from a recognized university;
- Certified Public Accountant II will be an added advantage;
- Work experiences for a minimum period of one (1) in public or private sector;
- Demonstrate understanding of national goals, policies and development objectives and ability to align them to the County’s mandate;
- Be conversant with the provisions of the Public Financial Management Act; Conversant with Programme Based Budgeting process;
- Certificate in Computer application skills relevant to budget preparation from a recognized institution;
- Show merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
- Satisfies requirement of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership and integrity.
How to Apply
Written applications, CVs, copies of Certificates, Testimonials and Identity Card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Mandera County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 356-70300,
Applications should reach the County Public Service Board on or before Thursday, 16 th August, 2018 at 4.00p.m. or be hand delivered to the office of the County Public Service Board at Mandera Vocational Training Centre. No Online application will be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Mandera County Government is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women, youth and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.