2018 Jobs Vacancy Co-operative Bank Jobs Data Visualization Developer Kenya
Career Recruitment – 2018 Jobs Vacancy Co-operative Bank Jobs Data Visualization Developer Kenya
Job Employment Kenya: 2018 Jobs Vacancy Co-operative Bank Jobs Data Visualization Developer Kenya
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Data Visualization Developer Job Kenya at Co-operative Bank
We are seeking an enthusiastic team player to join our supportive, inclusive, and dynamic team as a Data Visualization Developer who will collaborate with a variety of partners within the Bank to distill data into actionable and intuitive visualizations that drive informed decisions.
As a member of this team, you will enable data-driven decision making by developing and performing analysis, modelling, and visualization of unstructured data for engineering and research design teams. You will be working with many cross-functional teams and will need to have a passion for creating informative visualizations and presentations to communicate results to all levels of the company.
Reporting to Head – Business Intelligence, the Data Visualization Developer will be responsible for the detailed analysis, design and development of business intelligence dashboards and reports from the data warehouse and ad hoc data sources.
Additionally, he/she will be required to will provide technical support to the various business units by developing reports, dashboards, and data extraction queries of varying difficulty. Knowledge of design tools, visualization concepts, OBIEE, Oracle Visualizer, business intelligence systems, query technologies, databases and ETL tools is highly preferred.
Data Visualization Developer Job Responsibilities
- Participate in business analysis activities to gather required reporting and business requirements and translate these requirements into specifications that will be used to implement the required reports and dashboards, created from potentially multiple data sources.
- Provide support as required to ensure the availability and performance of developed reports and dashboards for both external and internal users.
- Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members ensuring proper configuration management and change controls are implemented in their sphere of influence.
- Design and implement technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes while ensuring compliance with development life cycle including documentation, programming, testing and deployment
- Identify, describe and apply the current technology for data analytics using data warehousing systems, other integrated systems and visualization tools like OBIEE.
- Develop/maintain data transformations for reports and dashboards.
- Analyze data and designs dashboards in Oracle per user requirements.
- Troubleshoot visualization issues in presentation layer tools and offer immediate solutions
- Design, develop and implement solutions that meet operational improvement needs. Ensure that relevant stakeholders support decisions.
- Provide a business-based rationale for determining the necessity of incremental improvements and communicate viewpoint using the customers’ own terminology.
- Create mobile solution for executive level data visualization, identify the cost benefits of deployed BI solutions and track consumption of reports and dashboards by business users.
- Conduct prototypes, developing functional specifications, data mapping, function mapping, setting of configuration tables and setting of transaction/ control tables.
- Assist in security/ authorization set-up, user documentation, data interface design, data migration and reconciliation
- Act as the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams on data visualization and demonstrate operational agility in delivering BI solutions
Qualifications for the Data Visualization Developer Job
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related degree in an analytical field.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in BI development, systems development/maintenance, data analysis & reporting with OBIEE, Oracle RPD, SSRS, Data Visualizer, Tableau and other reporting tools.
- Understanding of fundamental data visualization principles coupled with Intermediate experience querying relational databases using Stored Procedures, Functions, Views, CTEs and other SQL methods.
- Excellent attention to detail with an OCD level eye for detail.
- Excellent critical-thinking and problem-solving skills with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Working knowledge of data warehouse concepts and dimensional cubes.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience transforming business requirements into data extraction queries to generate the necessary output.
- Self-motivation, independent, cooperative, flexible, and creative with an ability to work effectively with all levels of management in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to learn, demonstrate and apply knowledge of the business over to solutions and processes
How to Apply