2018 Jobs Vacancy Data Coordinator NGO Kenya Jobs Kenya
Career Recruitment – 2018 Jobs Vacancy Data Coordinator NGO Kenya Jobs Kenya
Job Employment Kenya: 2018 Jobs Vacancy Data Coordinator NGO Kenya Jobs Kenya
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Data Coordinator II Job at FHI 360
Directly reports to: Data Coordinator III (Statistician)
Location: Nairobi with 50% travel within Kenya
Duration: 1 year
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges.
Integrated Biological and Behavioral Surveillance Survey under the Linkages across the Continuum of HIV Services for Key Populations Affected by HIV (LINKAGES) Project. LINKAGES project goal is to accelerate the ability of governments and organizations working with key populations at risk of HIV to plan and implement services that reduce HIV transmission and extend the lives of those already living with HIV.
The Data Coordinator II will work directly under the supervision of the Data Coordinator III (Statistician) to implement data driven activities to plan, monitor, track and report on progress throughout the Integrated Biological and Behavioral Surveillance Survey (IBBS) study.
Data Coordinator Job Responsibilities
- Liaise with the Data Coordinator III (Statistician) and survey team in retrieving data and organizing data for various research questions from the databases.
- Support survey teams by building their capacity in data management.
- Ensure quality data for analysis by cleaning research data retrieved from the databases and document necessary corrections.
- In liaison with the Data Coordinator III (Statistician), perform preliminary analysis to identify potential data anomalies.
- Contribute to the design of protocols, which define what and when data are to be collected.
- Design and approve forms on which data are collected.
- Perform Quality Assurance checks and site visit to ensure data collection protocols are implemented.
- Train survey teams to help improve the quality of the data being collected.
- Advise and perform appropriate queries and summary reports from the databases and assist in development of associated databases and ensuring they meet requirements for the entry and reporting of clinical data.
Qualifications for the Data Coordinator Job
- Must hold a degree in Bachelor of Science in Statistics/Mathematics or a related field with 1-3 years relevant experience; or Masters’ degree in Statistics/Mathematics will be an added advantage.
- Must possess statistical and computer experience with 1-3 years’ experience.
- Must be proficient in statistical software e.g. SAS, SPSS, STATA, S-Plus/R, EpiInfo and spreadsheets.
- Must be proficient in data analysis, interpretation and manipulation of data, have knowledge of database management and retrieval methods.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
How to Apply