2018 Jobs Vacancy Database Administrator Job Consolidated Bank Kenya
Career Recruitment – 2018 Jobs Vacancy Database Administrator Job Consolidated Bank Kenya
Job Employment Kenya: 2018 Jobs Vacancy Database Administrator Job Consolidated Bank Kenya
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Database Administrator Job at Consolidated Bank
Consolidated Bank is Kenya’s SME bank of choice that provides flexible financial solutions that support our customers in achieving success.
The Bank is well positioned, with presence in majority of the country’s business hubs to continually offer pleasant and convenient services.
We seek to recruit qualified, experienced, competent and highly motivated individuals for the following open vacancy.
Reporting to the Business Systems Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the performance, integrity and security of the Bank’s databases. He/she will also be involved in the planning and development of the database, as well as troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users.
Database Administrator Job Responsibilities
- Installing and upgrading the database server and application tools.
- Allocating system storage and planning future storage requirements for the database system.
- Modifying the database structure, as necessary, from information given by application developers.
- Enrolling users and maintaining system security.
- Ensuring compliance with database vendor license agreement.
- Controlling and monitoring user access to the database.
- Monitoring and optimizing the performance of the database.
- Planning for backup and recovery of database information.
- Maintaining archived data.
- Backing up and restoring databases
- Contacting database vendor for technical support.
- Generating various reports by querying from database as per need.
Qualifications for the Database Administrator Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology.
- Over 2 years’ experience in database management.
- Qualifications in SQL, MYSQL, Java and Web designing.
- Qualifications in Active Directory 2012, Exchange 2013 and Server 2012.
- Working knowledge of Sage Pastel is an added advantage
- Solid understanding of ERP and Databases.
- Solid understanding of Servers and Networks.
- Understanding of Website Development and updates.
- Good knowledge in business intelligence. (BI)
- Conceptual, analytical and creative skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Dynamic and abreast of technological developments.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward hard copies of their applications, enclosing copies of their academic and professional certificates, detailed CV indicating work experience, daytime contacts and addresses of 3 professionally relevant referees to reach the undersigned by Friday, 31st August 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Head of Human Resources
P.O. Box 51133 – 00200
Consolidated Bank is an equal opportunity employer.