2018 Jobs Vacancy Deputy Internal Audit Job Mandera County Kenya
Career Recruitment – 2018 Jobs Vacancy Deputy Internal Audit Job Mandera County Kenya
Job Employment Kenya: 2018 Jobs Vacancy Deputy Internal Audit Job Mandera County Kenya
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Deputy Director, Internal Audit Job at Mandera County
Mandera County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions as per the constitution of Kenya 2010 under Articles 176 and County Government Act No 17 of 2012.
DEPUTY DIRECTOR, INTERNAL AUDIT – JG ‘Q’ ONE (1) POST:
REF MCG/ CPSB/FEP/2018/08/06
Deputy Director, Internal Audit Job Responsibilities
Deputizing the Director for Internal Audit function on various roles;
- Establishing risk-based audit plans consistent with the County objectives;
- Developing leading capabilities in terms of resources, methodology and technology; Communicating plans of engagements and resource requirement for internal audit
- Management of Internal Audit Services;
- Maintaining a strong control environment and supporting initiatives that improve performance;
- Participate in preparing medium term plan, integrated County plan and strategic plans and budgeting for the department;
- Coordinating the preparation of County development plan and strategies on key sectors;
- Organizing coordination meeting and workshops with stakeholders and partners. Facilitate timely and accurate production of audit reports to management
- Prepare the audit departments work plan and budgets in liaison with the Director and audit staff;
- Give advice on the risk aversion measures and cost saving measures; In charge of follow up audits to monitor management intervention; Implement best practice audit planning and techniques;
- Ensure objective assurance on the effectiveness and adequacy of the risk management strategies and processes.
- Ensure all identified internal control concerns is addressed;
- Conducts regular and continuous audit of financial transactions of the county and reports on any diversion from the set financial regulations;
- Establishment risk based audit plans consistent with county objective; Conduct forensic audit where necessary.
Requirement for the Deputy Director, Internal Audit Job
- Be a holder of at least a first degree in any of the following: Commerce/Business Administration (Accounting, or Finance), Economic or statistics from a recognized university in Kenya;
- A master degree in the relevant field will be an added advantage;
- Have relevant knowledge ,experience and a distinguished career of not less than four
- (4) years from reputable organization;
- Demonstrated outstanding professional competence matched with appreciation of the County;
- Membership to a professional association/body;
- Be registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) or Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (CFE) and in good standing;
- Proficiency in relevant Computer applications;
- Satisfies requirement of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership and integrity.
How to Apply
Written applications, CVs, copies of Certificates, Testimonials and Identity Card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Mandera County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 356-70300,
Applications should reach the County Public Service Board on or before Thursday, 16 th August, 2018 at 4.00p.m. or be hand delivered to the office of the County Public Service Board at Mandera Vocational Training Centre. No Online application will be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Mandera County Government is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women, youth and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.