2018 Jobs Vacancy IT Engineer Jobs Ol Pejeta Conservancy Kenya
Career Recruitment – 2018 Jobs Vacancy IT Engineer Jobs Ol Pejeta Conservancy Kenya
Job Employment Kenya: 2018 Jobs Vacancy IT Engineer Jobs Ol Pejeta Conservancy Kenya
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
IT Engineer – Conservation Technology Lab Job Kenya at The Ol Pejeta Conservancy
The Ol Pejeta Conservancy (OPC) – a leading wildlife conservancy that works to conserve wildlife, provides a sanctuary for great apes and to generate income through wildlife tourism and complementary enterprises for re-investment in conservation and community development is seeking high caliber, self – motivated and dedicated applicant in the position below:-
Place in the Organization: The role will report to the Project Manager, Conservation Technology Lab and working with all Ol Pejeta Ranching Ltd staff
The position’s key objective is to support the rapid field-based experimentation, implementation and iterative improvement of a range of existing and emerging technologies to increase Ol Pejeta’s capacity to conserve biodiversity and the ecosystems it supports.
IT Engineer Job Responsibilities
- Supporting the Project Manager, Conservation Technology Lab in project planning and delivery
- Liaise with colleagues across multiple teams in Ol Pejeta to ensure Conservation Lab activities support and enhance the core objectives of the organization
- Setting up and configuration of hardware and software required for various projects in the conservation technology lab
- Testing and deploying hardware and software solutions for conservation technology
- Monitoring and improving the performance of technology solutions that will be delivered through the conservation technology lab
- Data collection, storage and analysis
- Presentation of data in different formats for different audiences
- Assist researchers, volunteers and students working in the Lab with technology needs
- Providing support for the hardware such as laptops, CCTV cameras, acoustic sensors, GPS trackers, desktop computers, the printers and access points.
- Diagnose and resolve any hardware, software, or connectivity problems.
- Perform tasks related to scheduled service requests, including equipment replacement or new installation, software installation, network connections etc.
- Maintain inventory of hardware, as well as record of maintenance and software licensing, Software deployment from each technology in place.
- Develop and maintain documentation/manuals on system configuration or setup
- Interview users to collect information about problems and lead users through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error and resolution
- Maintaining at all times an atmosphere of professional and work ethics in the Technology office.
- Maintaining confidentiality of any information they come across in the course of their work, at all times as required by the Company Policy and professional ethics.
- Performing any other duties that may be delegated from time to time by the Project Manager, Conservation Technology Lab
Qualifications for the IT Engineer Job
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in information technology or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Knowledge in networking principles or CCNA will be an added advantage.
- Should have knowledge of 2 programming languages, preferably C++, Java or Python.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years’ experience of progressive IT delivery in a corporate organization
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong administration, operational, planning and execution skills.
- Excellent interpersonal awareness and communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work in a team and cope with work pressure;
- Strong analytical with excellent planning and execution skills
How to Apply
Any person who wishes to be considered for this position is requested to submit their application letters together with copies of relevant certificates, testimonials/references and any valid professional licenses to the Head of Human Capital by Friday, 4th May 2018.
Our contacts are:
Ol Pejeta Conservancy
P.O. Box Private Bag,
Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the mail subject as
IT ENGINEER – CONSERVATION TECHNOLOGY LAB
THE OL PEJETA CONSERVANCY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL POTENTIAL CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.