2018 Jobs Vacancy Kenya Red Cross Jobs Clinical Officer In Charge Kenya
Career Recruitment – 2018 Jobs Vacancy Kenya Red Cross Jobs Clinical Officer In Charge Kenya
Job Employment Kenya: 2018 Jobs Vacancy Kenya Red Cross Jobs Clinical Officer In Charge Kenya
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Clinical officer In Charge Kenyan Job at Kenya Red Cross
Kenya Red Cross Society is one of the largest humanitarian organisations in Kenya. Its vision is to be the most effective, most trusted and self-sustaining humanitarian organization in Kenya, serving present and future generations.
The society is set to open a Drugs and Substance abuse Rehabilitation Center in Hindi, Lamu County.
The Centre will provide both Out-patient and In-patient services focusing on prevention, treatment and harm reduction of drugs and substance abuse. The Society is therefore searching for qualified, dedicated and enthusiastic individuals to fill the below position:
Position Title: Clinical officer In Charge
Reporting to: Facility In Charge
Job Location: Lamu
Reporting to the Facility in Charge, the clinical office in-charge has the overall responsibility for the planning of PHC, deployment and management of clinical officer staff in the rehab with the supervision and oversight of the facility in charge.
- Formulate clinical division department goals, objectives and intervention strategies.
- Ensure that all department activities are implemented as outlined in objectives highlighted are met.
- Planning and organizing adequate coverage by clinical officers at the rehab and during outreaches.
- Ensure all clinical officers follow guidelines and protocols in their management of patients.
- Overall responsible for the day-to-day running of the department including clinical assessment and management of patients.
- Provide technical and administration work guidelines in collaboration with the facility in charge.
- Attend and participate in Continuous Medical Education (CME) sessions
- Coordinate the Submission of weekly reports of generated by the clinical department to the HIS officer.
- Represent KRCS at all relevant coordination forums and meetings as delegated
- Technical and administrative supervision of all clinical officers’ department staff.
- Planning and formulating leave plan of the clinical officers as outlined.
- Higher Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery (Mental Health and Psychiatry) from a recognized educational institution
- Registered with the Clinical Officers Council and has a current practicing license
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a complex, multifaceted medical establishment.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Ability to effectively multitask.
- Excellent organizational skills
- A strong sense of ethics including the ability to appropriately handle confidential information.
- Excellent (written and oral) communication and excellent interpersonal skills with an attention to detail.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Integrity, emotional intelligence and objectivity.
- Be highly respectful towards all KRCS staff and stakeholders.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Experience of working in a rehabilitation center is an added advantage
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills.
- Should be a team player and culturally sensitive.
- Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver the Society’s strategic objectives.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets,
- database, email and utilization of the internet.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their applications to the address below on or before 27th April 2018.
Kenya Red Cross Society
P.O. Box 40712-00100,
Applications should have a cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of relevant certificates and practicing licence where applicable, names and contacts of three referees.
Job disclaimer and notification: Kenya Red Cross Society does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.