2018 Jobs Vacancy Kibabii University Jobs Librarian Kenya
Career Recruitment – 2018 Jobs Vacancy Kibabii University Jobs Librarian Kenya
Job Employment Kenya: 2018 Jobs Vacancy Kibabii University Jobs Librarian Kenya
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
University Librarian Job Kenya at Kibabii University
Pursuant to Part IV Section 23 of the Kibabii University Charter, 2015 and Kibabii University Statutes, 2017, the University invites applications from suitably qualified applicants for the following vacant position:
Reporting to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academics and Students Affairs), the University Librarian shall on the overall be responsible for the supervision and management of all administrative and operational functions of the Office of the University Librarian.
University Librarian Job Responsibilities
- Be the custodian of academic resources of the University;
- Regularly review academic resources and submit a report;
- Make proposals for development of library policies;
- Ensure implementation of Library policy;
- Coordinate all the Library services in the University;
- Prepare and submit proposals for acquisition of library materials;
- Acquire and conserve library research materials;
- Be responsible for the organization and operation of library services;
- Adoption and adherence to library standards;
- Manage the provision of conducive reading space for library users;
- Establish and facilitate the use of the e-Library;
- Facilitate the networking and exchange of materials with other libraries locally and internationally;
- Make proposals for acquisition and conservation of library research materials;
- Promote provision of library support services;
- Undertaking such other official assignments as may be assigned from time to time by the Vice-Chancellor or his/her authorized officer.
Requirements for the University Librarian Job
The University Librarian shall be a Ph.D holder in Library and Information Sciences or its equivalent. In addition he/she should have at least three (3) years of experience as Deputy Librarian or relevant field.
The Officer shall hold office on a contract period of five (5) years but may be eligible for reappointment for a further one term in accordance with terms and conditions of service as approved by the Council from time to time.
How to Apply
Each application shall be accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae in the prescribed format, Copies of Relevant Academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, Testimonials, and other relevant supporting documents. Scanned copies of these documents must be attached to the application email and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be used as back up.
Applicants for positions at Scale twelve (12) and above must also submit the following valid documents:
- Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau
- Criminal Investigation Department- (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Letters of recommendation from at least three persons familiar with the applicant’s professional experience and character in general should also be sent to the address below before Friday 18th May, 2018.
All applications should clearly be marked with the Reference Number of the Advertised position “Application for the position of (position applied for)”and submitted as follows:
- Ten (10) hard copies
- An electronic copy in PDF format by email be sent to the following email: email@example.com
Applications should be addressed as registered mail to:
The Vice Chancellor,
P.O. BOX 1699 – 50200
The Vice Chancellor
and Dropped at
Kibabii University-Main Campus,
Administration Block, Third Floor, Room ABA 308,