2018 Jobs Vacancy Laboratory Technical Officer NGO Kenya Job Kenya
Career Recruitment – 2018 Jobs Vacancy Laboratory Technical Officer NGO Kenya Job Kenya
Job Employment Kenya: 2018 Jobs Vacancy Laboratory Technical Officer NGO Kenya Job Kenya
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Laboratory Technical Officer I Job at FHI 360
Reports To: Senior Technical Officer, Research
Location: Nairobi with 50% travel within Kenya
Duration: 1 year
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges.
Integrated Biological and Behavioral Surveillance Survey under the Linkages across the Continuum of HIV Services for Key Populations Affected by HIV (LINKAGES) Project. LINKAGES project goal is to accelerate the ability of governments and organizations working with key populations at risk of HIV to plan and implement services that reduce HIV transmission and extend the lives of those already living with HIV.
The Technical Officer I, Laboratory will work directly under the supervision of the Senior Technical Officer, Research to implement all laboratory related aspects of the Integrated Biological and Behavioral Surveillance Survey(IBBS).
Laboratory Technical Officer Job Responsibilities
- Support the development of laboratory analytical plan for the survey.
- Ensure that laboratory supplies are procured and delivered to the field.
- Ensure that logistics for appropriate collection, storage, and transport of specimens during field work are in place.
- Coordinate with local and central level laboratories to ensure that SOP and quality control procedures are in place.
- Assist in recruiting and training Laboratory Technicians for each survey team to adhere to good clinical laboratory practice (including developing training materials).
- Visit the field venues during biological sample collection to ensure that the collection and storage at the field site happen as per protocol.
- Coordinate with the laboratories to ensure delivery of results in a timely manner.
Qualifications for the Laboratory Technical Officer Job
- Higher National Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology or equivalent with 5-7 years of related work experience within a clinical or research laboratory, including experience with laboratory quality control and quality assurance systems and implementation OR
- Degree in biological science or laboratory sciences within a clinical or diagnostic discipline with 3-5 years relevant experience OR
- Master’s degree in related field with 1-3 years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to provide mentorship and to perform quality assurance assessments against accepted national and international standards and regulations.
- Direct experience developing and delivering trainings.
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office Suite.
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
- Good in both written and spoken English and report writing.
- Supervisory experience is an added advantage.
- Experience with US government-funded programs is a plus.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
How to Apply