2018 Jobs Vacancy Moko Home + Living Accounting Officer Jobs Kenya Kenya
Career Recruitment – 2018 Jobs Vacancy Moko Home + Living Accounting Officer Jobs Kenya Kenya
Job Employment Kenya: 2018 Jobs Vacancy Moko Home + Living Accounting Officer Jobs Kenya Kenya
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Accounting Officer Job at Moko Home + Living
Location: Mombasa Rd, Nairobi
Moko Home + Living is a growing company bursting with innovation, creativity and passion. Our customers dream of a better night’s sleep, a welcoming place to host their guests, a fun and safe place for their children to play.
But they tell us this isn’t easy – they have to settle for low-quality furnishings or break the bank. Join us in building the products, the brand and the network to put quality living within everyone’s reach. Here’s what our team has accomplished in the few years since our founding:
- Reached over 100,000 Kenyan homes with our products
- Attracted global investment to continue fueling our growth and vision
- Supported the growth of over 200 small furniture businesses across the country
- Grown from a start-up to mid-sized company
What You’ll Do
We are looking for someone with high growth potential and comfortable with numbers. You’ll be an analytical person who is passionate about crunching numbers.
You will enjoy supporting implementation of Finance and Administrative policies and procedures, invoicing, recording payments and receipts, tracking and filing of documents as you learn more from the senior management team.
Roles for the Accounting Officer Job
Accounting Activities and Controls
- Reviewing accounting documents to ensure accuracy of information
- Daily posting of financial transactions in Quickbooks and checking ledgers for accuracy
- Ensures that statutory payments are timeously made
- Implements and enforces internal controls
- Attend to audit issues
Manage Electronic and Hard Copy Inventory/Sales Records
- Promptly input stock transfers, purchase orders and other movements of goods
- Prepare and properly file invoices and delivery notes for customer orders
- Track and follow up on customer payments
Assist with Other Administrative Tasks
- Ensure the office is organized, orderly and stocked with necessary commodities
- Support customers via telephone and in person when needed
Career Growth + Compensation
Moko invests in building the capacity and skills within our team. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship from the management team.
Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for those who are ready to take up the challenge.
Accounting Officer Job Requirements
- A preference for CPA II and 1-2 years’ experience in a role with Accounting and Finance responsibilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications especially, word and Excel
- Good knowledge of any accounting software e.g Sage, SAP, Pastel & Quick Books
- Must have a high level of integrity
- An enthusiastic individual with outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail—ability to analyse data and proactively identify and address issues
- An initiative taker who enjoys working independently once you receive clear directions from the manager
- Eager to join a mid-sized and quickly-growing organization and team
How to Apply
Please visit our website moko.co.ke/careers and apply through our online form – Common Application – All Positions.