2018 Jobs Vacancy Production Manager Job Kenya
Career Recruitment – 2018 Jobs Vacancy Production Manager Job Kenya
Job Employment Kenya: 2018 Jobs Vacancy Production Manager Job Kenya
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Production Manager Job at Alternate Doors
Our client a manufacturing and distribution company based in Nakuru currently seeking to hire a Production Manager.
Purpose of job
Manage and direct production activities and monitor adherence to planned schedules, quality standards and cost objectives. The position leads and directs the day to day operations of the factory.
Production Manager Job Responsibilities
- Participate in planning and establishing short to long term production objectives and plans for the factory
- Direct, coordinates and supervises the planning, scheduling and expediting of raw materials for the timely production taking into consideration quality management system / guidelines.
- Manage the production scheduling process to meet the customer’s expectation and demand
- Optimizes use of production facility resources to complete tasks assigned providing leadership and direction to the production team
- Oversees areas of production team, such as safety, planning, cost, efficiency, quality, and customer service
- Maintain compliance with Company policies, safety standards, quality specifications, regulatory requirements, and sanitation practices
- Monitor production facility operational costs and report to the COO accordingly
- Coordinate maintenance schedule and assign repair tasks as needed
- Develop production SOP’s and ensure compliance to achieve high performance
- Develop/Implement action plans to understand and address areas of concern
- Work with other departmental heads and line supervisors to foster a production culture focused on continuous improvement
- Initiate and manage production unit projects e.g. new installations, repairs etc
- Manage staff capacity and skill levels to meet current and planned production needs
- Implement and monitor performance management programs and support staff through training, mentorship and coaching
Qualifications for the Production Manager Job
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, production management or a related field
- At least seven (7) years of experience in production, three (3) of which must be in a supervisory position
- Sound knowledge of machinery as used in production facilities, processes, operations
- Ability to lead and develop teams
- Results driven with accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Safety conscious and able to apply methodologies to improve processes
- Self-starter, high energy level with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highest level of personal and professional integrity
How to Apply
All job applications can be made by sending an email of their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of the email being the job they wish to apply for.