2018 Jobs Vacancy Rail Operations Senior Manager Jobs (500-600K) Kenya
Career Recruitment – 2018 Jobs Vacancy Rail Operations Senior Manager Jobs (500-600K) Kenya
Job Employment Kenya: 2018 Jobs Vacancy Rail Operations Senior Manager Jobs (500-600K) Kenya
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Rail Operations Senior Manager Job Kenya at Human Talent Recruit
Location: Kajiado County
Salary: 500K – 600K gross
Our client and Industrial Chemicals Manufacturer wishes to recruit a suitably qualified individual for the above position based at Lake Magadi.
The successful candidate will have the primary responsibility of providing cost-effective and efficient Rail Operations & Logistics services to agreed standards, budgets and timelines.
Key responsibilities of the job holder will be:
- Coordinating activities of teams engaged in permanent way maintenance, rolling stock maintenance, locomotive maintenance and train operations to ensure reliable, efficient and safe railway operations.
- Optimizing utilization of human resources, equipment and infrastructure.
- Ensuring that TCML requirements for evacuation of all products and supply of fuel are satisfied.
- Maintaining high safety awareness and communication amongst the teams.
- Liaison with other TCML Managers on production and sales to ensure that the Company’s Annual Business Plan is delivered.
- Development of short-term, medium-term and long-term programmes aimed at achieving Departmental objectives synchronized with overall Company business plans.
- Identifying personnel training and development needs, and liaising with Human Resources Department for training and development of individuals.
- Maintaining harmonious industrial relations.
- Liaison with the Kenya Railways and Kenya Ports Authority on issues pertaining to train operations between Konza, Mombasa and TCML Terminal at the Port.
- Administration of existing Agreements/Contracts with Kenya Railways.
- Management of third party services (contractors) engaged on various activities within Rail Operations & Logistics Department to ensure quality service in line with Service Level Agreements.
- Prudent management of Departmental budget to meet financial performance targets.
- 15 years’ work experience in positions of increasing responsibility, the last 10 years must have been at managerial level.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Mechatronics or equivalent from a recognized University.
- Master’s Degree in the Engineering disciplines listed above, Business Administration or other relevant field.
- Must be an Engineer registered by the Engineers Board of Kenya with current Annual Practicing License.
- Membership of the Institution of Engineers of Kenya is desirable.
- Working knowledge of workshop and fleet management systems.
- Proficiency in IT skills including Micro Soft Office packages.
- Well-developed commercial, managerial and administrative skills that include effective leadership, communication, interpersonal, organisation and planning skills.
- Unquestionable integrity.
- Certification in Project Management, Finance for Non-Finance Managers and Logistics/Supply Chain will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
If you possess the experience and qualifications required to succeed in this role, kindly send your CV to Beth.Mwaniki@humantalentrecruit.com before 24th April 2018.
Kindly quote the job title on the subject line.
Only successful candidates will be contacted