2018 Jobs Vacancy Telkom Jobs Technical Project Manager Kenya
Career Recruitment – 2018 Jobs Vacancy Telkom Jobs Technical Project Manager Kenya
Job Employment Kenya: 2018 Jobs Vacancy Telkom Jobs Technical Project Manager Kenya
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Technical Project Manager IT Kenyan Job at Telkom Kenya
Region: Nairobi, Kenya
Reporting to: Chief Technology & Information Officer
Department: Technology Division
The incumbent will play a critical role in managing a portfolio of technology projects that will include both infrastructure and software deployments. She/he will need to understand key activities, deliverables, timescales and resources necessary to deliver projects on time and within budget. She/he will also manage resources assigned to fulfil those requirements using recommended implementation methodologies, lead implementation planning, control project plans and overall execution.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- Manage delivery schedules and budgets to ensure project delivery is on time, within scope and in budget
- Use of standard project methodology and tools to track progress against deliverables
- Lead and manage project and resource schedules
- Manage third party and specialist resources assigned to projects
- Identify, manage and mitigate risks that may impact projects
- Use of appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Enforce quality gates in all the projects and programs within the domain
- Relationship management with clients and key stakeholders
- Prepare sound communication plans and manage information dissemination
- Communicate project activities including progress, budget, risks and issues to relevant stakeholders as defined by the communication plan
- Complete weekly status reports and steering committee presentations
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation throughout the project
Academic/ Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, IT, Telecommunications or other related field from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Must be a fully qualified and accredited project manager
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in managing projects with experience of managing complex technical systems such as billing platforms, ERP, CRM etc.
Professional Knowledge & skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills with clearly demonstrated methodologies to keep project teams and stakeholders well informed.
- Commercial awareness and excellent negotiation skills
- Strong MS Office skills including Microsoft project.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or certification
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
- Any experience in the following areas is a plus:
- Business Process analysis/modelling
How to Apply
This position is open to Kenyan citizens only. If you are up to the challenge & fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.
Application should be sent by latest 20th April 2018 , please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees. Apply through firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.