2018 Magnate Ventures Internal Auditor Job in Nairobi Kenya
Jan 2018 Magnate Ventures Internal Auditor Job Vacancy in Nairobi Kenya
Magnate Ventures Ltd is seeking:
Position Title: Internal Auditor
Reporting to: Managing Director
Overall Purpose: Magnate Ventures Ltd is looking for an Internal Auditor who will be a key member of the company’s senior team charged with the responsibility of internal audit, review of internal controls, investigations, appraisal of operational efficiency and supporting the risk management process of the organization.
The job holder will be an independent minded individual of high integrity with an inquisitive mind, who can critically evaluate and advise on processes and controls.
He/ she should possess strong communication and engagement skills and confidence in their ability to help strengthen and improve company structures and controls, within a lively and competitive business environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute a risk-based annual Internal Audit Plan.
- Work with management to formulate actionable and value-added recommendations and monitor progress of implementation of action plans.
- Evaluate the economy and efficiency with which the organization’s resources are employed.
- Assess the operational effectiveness of the design and functioning of controls across the organization’s processes and advice on best practice regarding the internal controls and governance processes.
- Lead in special projects including audit investigations and process re-engineering teams in response to emerging business risks
- Drive the company risk management process and liaise across functions to embed a proactive approach in identification of risks across the company.
- Liaise with the company’s external auditors on internal controls and related issues, to strengthen the company’s governance and control environment.
- Input into the development of the internal audit function, including policies/ procedures development, audit methodologies and support tools
- Prepare quarterly reporting to Magnate, which includes preparing audit statistics and updating status of issues
Key Performance Indicators
- Number of audits completed vs. plan
- Analysis of the total pool of audit hours
- Budget management
- Tracking audit issues i.e. how many audit findings are generated, implemented and those that are outstanding?
- Audit quality
- Survey data i.e. are clients satisfied with Internal Audit’s work?
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business or Finance related field
- Qualified accountant (CPA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with a professional external audit firm or internal audit in a commercial organization, with at least the last 2 years having interacted and reported to senior management.
- Proven track record with internal / external audit environment evidencing strong performance in conducting high quality audit work, findings and reports.
- Keen analytical and investigative skills
- Ability to inquire and understand issues quickly and constructively challenge the status quo.
- Demonstrate integrity within a dynamic environment
- Ability to maintain independence and confidentiality.
- Business/Financial Acumen, Business Savvy, Innovative.
- Analytical skills and solution-focus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective interaction with all levels of management
To apply, kindly send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com