2018 Venture Ccapital Firm Consulting Job in Addis Ababa
Vacant Position: Consulting Manager
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Industry: Asset Finance
Client: A venture capital firm specializing in making early stage investments is urgently seeking to recruit dynamic and result oriented Consulting Manager who can deliver highly professional levels of performance, managing across multiple clients, thereby helping to establish the firm as the premier ‘go to’ management consulting company in Ethiopia.
Job Summary: The key purpose of the Consulting Manager role is a team player with a primary focus on Client Delivery and Project Management.
As Consulting Manager, the role takes responsibility for multiple clients and projects and involves supporting the whole team to deliver a successful business.
The role requires income generation through delivery of client projects. The role will support the creation and winning of consultancy assignments to the target range of clients in our chosen sectors.
The post requires a very pro-active approach, considerable effort and flexible work. We are seeking tested problem solvers with the ability to build lasting relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Consulting Manager (CM) will have primary responsibility for delivering client expectations, leading across multi accounts with professionalism and quality in line with the business strategy and actively manage the more senior client relationships.
- The CM will also be actively involved in work stream planning and execution, team leadership, scheduling and time management, key client interface for projects, relationship management and some client development.
- Support the identification and development of new client relationships
- Develop and pitch proposals for consulting assignments
- Work with Project Sponsor and Stakeholders to complete the Project Charter outlining scope, goals, deliverables, resources, budget, and timelines, with formal agreements to ensure alignment of scope and expectations
- Develop the project plan, organize and mobilize the team and internal and external resources needed to deliver the projects
- Be a thought leader to guide teams and architect client solutions, using critical thinking capabilities to solve business problems
- Communicate project status to sponsor and all stakeholders; monitor and escalate risks and issues as appropriate
- Serve as a “Coach” and “Inspirational Leader” to your team
- Assist in developing the consulting practice to deliver profit goals and demonstrate measurable positive social impact
- Network with leaders and executives to identify new opportunities for value add services
- Nurture client relations to deepen impact and results
- Develop and provide regular reporting to the MD and CEO.
- Conduct project QAs and team performance reviews in line with company standards
- Personally, embody company’s values and cascade them across the team through training, education and performance management processes, including personal appraisals.
Key Competencies & Qualifications
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Finance, Accounting or Any other relevant discipline from a recognized institution.
- Diploma in Project Management
- Must have a minimum of 5+ years industry experience
- Experience in working in a consulting firm is a requirement. Firms such as IBM, Accenture, Grant Thornton, Deloitte, KPMG, PWC, TATA (TCS) etc.
- Track record of effectively delivering; ability to point to specific examples, including experience working in multiple industries and business areas
- Significant experience in Ethiopia, plus ideally Africa and Developing Nation contexts
- Preferably experience in delivering international level consulting services with varying types of clients
- Proven skills in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage project budget
- Heart for building “purpose-driven businesses” that create jobs, economic empowerment and helping individuals reach their full potential
- Some experience in and passion for bridging business and community development
- Demonstrated experience in serving as part of a collaborative and innovative team
- Ability to establish immediate credibility with clients and within the company; build consensus and achieve goals through influence
- Demonstration of the following Critical behaviours – Critical Thinking; Innovator, Operator, Bridger, Self-Starter, Teamwork Gravitas, confidence and ability to gain credibility at senior level.
- Ability to work legally in Ethiopia
- Ability to be self-motivated with a positive attitude and a solid work ethic
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 15th March 2018.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and expected salary on the subject line.