Boiler Technician Jobs vacancy in Nairobi, Kenya 2017
Boiler Technician Career Recruitment in Nairobi, Kenya June 2017
Jobs Vacancy: Boiler Technician Employment Nairobi Kenya 2017
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Job Vacancy: Boiler Technician
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates the boiler machine
- Perform routine maintenance on the boiler equipment and the systems
- Operators test the boiler water and balance it with chemicals, if needed
- Keeping safety at the forefront, boiler operators will watch the system during operation and attend to any additional problems.
- Observes pressure, temperature, and draft meters on panel to verify specified operation of automatic combustion control systems, feed water regulators, stoker, pulverize, and burners.
- Turns valves and adjusts controls to set specified fuel feed, draft openings, water level, and steam pressure of boiler
- Observes boiler and auxiliary units to detect malfunctions and makes repairs, such as changing burners and tightening pipes and fittings.
- They will use hand or power tools when performing tasks like replacing defective valves, filters, or steam gauges on a heating system
- Once all is in working order, they will record their service data in logs
- Complete and maintain accurate, timely documentation and records as required by the business e.g. may maintain log of meter and gauge readings and record data, such as water test results and quantity of fuel consumed.
- Maintain the required standards of products
- Support other teams and functions as required by the business.
- Undertake self-development activities as required by the business.
- Undertake any other tasks or duties as required by Maintenance manager.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and practices operated by the Company.
- Liaise with other technical team to establish requirements
- Conforming to health and safety procedures and policies
Skills and Competencies:
- Cert/Degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering- Plant or Production Options
- 3 Years’ Experience as Boiler Operator in a busy environment.
- Certification in boiler operations or Licensed by NITA
- Observe health and safety measures
- Demonstrate the ability to plan and prioritize workload in order to meet required deadlines and performance standards.
- Demonstrate the ability of being able to maintain and improve effective working practices, use of facilities and materials etc.
- Demonstrate a flexible attitude towards work and can respond to business priorities appropriately
- Effective communication skills, reporting and analyzing skills
KINDLY NOTE that this job is ONLY available to registered candidates, and if qualified and want to register send your CV to email@example.com with the title “Boiler Technician” on the subject line.