Branch.co Junior Finance Analyst Job in Nairobi, Kenya
Branch.co Junior Finance Analyst Career Recruitment in Nairobi, Kenya June 2017
Jobs Vacancy: Junior Finance Analyst Employment Nairobi Kenya 2017
Job Description: Today Branch.co Work Kenya
Branch Overview: Branch.co delivers world-class financial services to the mobile generation.
What We Offer: You will be part of a talented, passionate team that is determined to make a positive impact on the lives of the mobile generation throughout the developing world.
Job Overview: The Junior Finance Analyst will work under the Finance Manager Africa. This will be a permanent role that will involve, accounting, reporting and analysis as well ensuring adherence to internal controls and statutory compliance.
Accounting, Reporting and Analysis Duties
- Production of daily, weekly, monthly reconciliation for all loan disbursements in multiple countries across different money platforms and API connections
- Production of daily, weekly, monthly reconciliations for all loan repayments in multiple countries across different money platforms and API connections
- Preparation of daily Net-cash (funds in/out) analysis for all money platforms in all countries
- Updating reconciliation trackers across multiple countries, money platforms and API connections in line with Branch International MONTH END procedures and timelines
- Keep track of all unreconciled transactions and recording/capturing them back in either Branch System or the money platform
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliation reports for all countries ensuring it balances with the daily liquidity dashboard report
- Filing and documentation management
- Prepare vendor files and perform monthly vendor reconciliation reports
- Maintain monthly reconciliation for accruals and reversals in NetSuite
- Supporting general ledger reconciliations on NetSuite and reviewing final financial reports required by management including accompanying schedules, worksheets and narratives.
- Perform accounting functions as assigned including, but not limited to verifying, allocating, posting and reconciling transactions across different accounting standards
- Assist with annual external audit reconciliation for all the P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow Statements items.
- Assist in preparing support materials and assigned schedules for annual and interim audit.
- Conform with and abide by all regulatory guidance and internal policies & procedures.
- Document policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Contribute to department and organization special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting / Statistics / Actuarial Science or a Finance related discipline
- CPA is an added advantage
- At Least 1 years solid Accounting experience preferably handling more than 2 countries
- Experience working with accounting software, QuickBooks, Pastel, Sage, Oracle
- Must be analytical with expert Excel skills
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Self-motivated, Creative
- Super Organized & Results focused
- Able to work with tight deadlines and in a startup environment
Branch International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.