Career vacancy for Business Development Manager in Kenya 2015
Latest Career vacancy for Business Development Manager in Kenya 2015
Business Development Manager
Purpose of the Position: Responsible for increasing the company’s sales revenue and growth plan while maintaining the required margins, maximizing opportunities with existing contracts, to meet and where possible exceed the targets set.
- Responsible for generating new leads, developing client relationships and the subsequent preparation and delivery of both pre-qualification and tender documents.
- Meeting agreed sales targets, exploiting opportunities for new business in defined market sectors and negotiating contracts on behalf of the Company with maximum possible margins.
- Identify and exploit opportunities in existing business through introductions from existing Regional / Divisional Management.
- Identify “Top” targets as basis of targeting process.
- Undertake re-tender activity for existing business as required including preparation of tender documentation in conjunction with operational team.
- Negotiate contracts on behalf of the Company with maximum possible margins.
- Liaise with the operations team in the co-ordination of contract bids including specification development and pricing.
- Provide support in the development of the sales database and maintain data accurately.
- Provide market intelligence where possible and monitor competitor activity, in defined market sectors.
- Ensure full understanding of any changes and development in legislation and working practices that may affect the company’s operations and/or present new opportunities.
- Maintain the highest standards of presentation, personal integrity and customer support
- Provide statistics and reports as required.
- Following up all past proposals until an outcome is achieved.
- Must have a university degree in Commerce, Accounting/Business Management/Finance.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Cleaning Industry experience preferred.
- Having worked or be currently working in the hospitality field (Ideal).
- A demonstrable track record in the soft services sector and previous experience in a sales role is therefore preferred.
- Driven personality and strong work ethic.
- Sound working knowledge of all Microsoft Office packages to intermediate level.
- Technical Skills / knowledge in broad range of facility services.
If you meet the minimum qualifications, send your application to email@example.com