Edukans International Programme Officer (Skills) Job in Kenya
Edukans International Programme Officer (Skills) Job in Kenya June 2017
Jobs Vacancy: Programme Officer – Skills Employment Nairobi Kenya 2017
Edukans International contributes to quality education for all. One of the two pillars is skills’ training for youth. Edukans International focuses on quality and relevancy of vocational education and training.
Headquarters of Edukans International is in the Netherlands.
Aim of the job: The Programme Officer Skills contributes to the development of the skills programme in Kenya, based on the focus areas of Edukans International.
Programme Officer Skills will become part of the Edukans Kenya office based in Nairobi.
Advisory & training
- Provide training and advisory services on
- Linking education to the market, including market research
- Train teachers and trainers on active teaching and learning
- Do acquisition for the advisory services mentioned
- (Further) develop tools and methodologies
- Set-up and expand Edukans training (own training concept to youth)
- Acquisition of students
- Acquisition of masters, willing to train apprentices
- Monitor progress
- Establishment and maintaining partnerships with training institutes, NGOs, companies, umbrella organizations, governments
- Contribute to institutionalisation and scaling up of Edukans models
- Programme development
- Relationship building with donors
- Fund raising for skills development programmes in Kenya
- Administration / budget keeping of skills programme and individual projects
- At least Master degree working knowledge in education, international development, economics or related fields
- At least 5 years of experience in skills development.
- Experience in involving private sector with TVET or working experience with in-house company skills development.
- A strong network within the private sector.
- Proven experience on training, preferably on training of trainers.
- Competent in business/programme development services and fund raising
- Experience in programme management
- Experience in Agriculture is an asset
- Experienced in working in an international team
- Proactive and able to work independent and result-oriented
- Ability to link practice to theory and v.v. in order to develop effective approaches
- Strong communicator and networker, able to represent Edukans Int. to external stakeholders
- Fluent in English
- Willing to travel regularly (national, Africa, Europe), appr. 10 times a year.
- Challenging working environment with scope for professional and personal development;
- Being part of a dedicated, motivated, ambitious, intercultural team
Please send your application (including CV of max 3 pages and contact details of 4 referees) to firstname.lastname@example.org before June 27th 2017.
Selected candidates will be invited for an interview in Nairobi to be held on 10th of July.
Note: acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.