Farm Africa Career : Project Admin Assistant Kenya 2017
Farm Africa Career Vacancy : Project Administrative Assistant in Kenya June 2017
Farm Africa Job Recruitment : Project Administrative Assistant in Kenya June 2017
Farm Africa Job Vacancy : Project Administrative Assistant in Kenya June 2017
- Company: Farm Africa
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Project Administrative Assistant, based in Nairobi, will form an integral part of Farm Africa’s Kenya Market-led Aquaculture Programme (KMAP). The project aims to increase the level and quality of fish production, trade and increase overall consumption of cultured fish in Kenya.
Reporting Corporate Services Manager, the Project Administrative Assistant will ensure and will provide administrative & procurement support to the Nairobi office team and KMAP Project.
This position requires a highly motivated person who is capable of working flexibly to ensure the highest possible results for the Farm Africa Kenya team. S/he will have experience in administration and good procurement practice preferably within an non-governmental organisation. High competency in time management, communication and IT skills are essential to this role.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Project Administrative Assistant will focus on the following to support the Kenya Country office team and the smooth implementation of the KMAP:
- Supervise implementation of administrative services and contracts, and verify service providers’ invoices before submission to accounts for payment.
- Pro-actively assist the administrative assistant in providing creative solutions to resolve logistical problems and concerns in collaboration with the various stakeholders.
- Conduct routine and periodic audits to ensure the projects offices have the following and well maintained – First aid kits, security, fire extinguishers, etc. Report areas of
- Support on HR Induction and Leave management.
- To maintain comprehensive and up-to-date fleet and administrative records.
- Assist the corporate services manager in filling documents.
- Responsible for procuring and securing the best quotations for purchase of all company items.
- Review and update list of pre-qualified suppliers for goods and services and ensure that all suppliers have valid contracts.
- Procurement of goods and non-HR services for the Hub Office and all projects in conformity with Farm Africa’s financial procedures manual and donor requirements; in
liaison with the programmes and finance teams.
- Preparation of procurement requests forms for the country office and verifying those from the field before processing, ensuring they comply with the Farm Africa
- Reviewing all bid analysis’ before processing.
- Review project decision statements and quotations.
- Prepare LPOs and ensure that they are fully signed before giving to suppliers to offer services.
- Ensure procurement records are processed and maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures, which meet both internal and statutory reporting
- Regularly evaluate suppliers to ensure that records are maintained, timely deliveries and ensure all turnaround and timelines are met.
- In consultation with the Logistics officer in Nairobi, to ensure that office supplies (equipment and stationery) are promptly requisitioned and supplied
- Ensure value for money when making purchases
c) Assets Management
- Updating the asset register for the country office and projects.
- Physical verification of all assets allocated to staff and ensure that they are correctly tagged.
- Maintain an accurate record of equipment borrowed by staff members for use outside the Country Office (e.g. laptops, digital cameras, projectors).
- Assist with the disposal of assets as required in accordance with Farm Africa policies.
- Form part of, the Farm Africa Kenya Country Team and contribute to the overall
development of the Farm Africa mission.
- Undertake tasks as requested by the KMAP and Nairobi office senior team.
Education, qualifications & other knowledge
- Degree in Business Administration or related field
- Certificate of good conduct
- Professional qualification in procurement/ supply chain management preferred
- Projects Management
- At least 2 years experience in administrative work and procurement
- At least 2 years experience in procurement
- Experience in HR is a plus but not a must
Skills & abilities
Computer literacy in MS-Office, Word, Excel,
Speak English and Swahili.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a CV and one page covering letter detailing how you meet the person specification to Kenyarecruitment@farmafrica.org by 5pm on Thursday 22nd June 2017.
Farm Africa is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply.
Please note CV’s will be reviewed as they are received and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted