Feb 2018 HR & Logistics Officer New Job at Dodore Kenya Ltd
Feb 2018 HR & Logistics Officer Current Job at Dodore Kenya Ltd
Feb 2018 HR & Logistics Officer Job Vacancy at Dodore Kenya Ltd
Job Vacancy: Human Resource & Logistics Officer
Company Profile: The objective of Dodore Kenya Ltd is to support program development and its implementation. We are in the frontline of creating integrated mobile solutions for fundamental social and economic development.
We use mobile technology in many ways to make results available real-time and our work transparent to our partners. Dodore employs very experienced team that coordinates research, pilot and project implementation, data collection, analysis and reporting. In addition, we support our clients in program implementation in a variety of different kind of programs.
Many of the programs we are implementing concern the use of mobile payment system to improve quality of life, in the domain of Health and Agriculture amongst others.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Chief Finance Officer, the job holder will be responsible for the provision of Human Resources & Logistics services in compliance with Dodore policies and other regulations pertaining to Human Resource Management.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures that s/he has a good understanding of the company, different departments and pro-actively keeps up to date with the latest developments.
- Updating and developing job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Identifies the need for and supports with recruitment, testing, interviewing, selecting and inducting new employees.
- Supports the line managers and at times participates during performance management processes.
- Prepares new employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Analyze the organizational needs and identify specific training needs for the employees
- Supports and trains managers in the coaching, motivating and disciplining of employees.
- To resolve employee grievances & conflicts promptly.
- Advises the line managers and supports in cases of summary dismissals due to disciplinary issues, non-performance or other.
Counseling of employees
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource legal requirements.
- Ensures that the established disciplinary and grievance handling procedures in place are followed in resolving disciplinary matters in an amicable manner.
- Keeps up to date with changes in Employment laws and other laws and regulations that touch the work floor and informs pro-actively and acts accordingly
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures in collaboration with the Chief Finance officer
- Communicates proactively and in a timely manner to senior management on HR matters.
- Is end-responsible in ensuring the HR system and files are kept up to date and informs management in a timely manner of any challenges.
- Keeps records of benefit plans participation such as health insurance and any other future benefits.
- Gives recommendations on salary structures in line with the market trends or industry.
- Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce employee’s absenteeism and turnover.
- Plans, organizes and controls the activities of the department by participating in developing departmental goals and objectives.
- Manages employees within the HR department
- Management of all company insurances in place
- Pro-actively identifies any issues concerning logistics (damage, need for repair, replacement or procurement) and advices CFO and acts on the agreed procedure.
- Coordinates the organization and logistics of events and meetings where needed.
- Ensures that issues concerning the lunch, cleaning and transport is taken care of and supervises staff concerned with these tasks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management
- A higher Diploma in Human Resource Management from IHRM institute or any other recognized institution
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Human Resource Management
- A certified member of Institute of Human Resource Management with a valid practicing license form IHRM.
- Considerable knowledge on current trends & practices in HR
- Ability to respond and handle sensitive inquiries/ complains
- Strong problem solving & analytical skills
- Ability to guide, couch, manage and discipline employees
- Posses strong communications skills both verbally and written
- Time management skills
- Attention to details
- Being discreet and able to handle very confidential matters
- Excellent leadership skills, organization and presentation skills
- High standards of personal integrity
- Sense of initiative
- Organization skills
Contract duration: 1 year
Job Type: part time
Gross salary: Between Kes. 45,000.00 – 55,000.00 per month
The gross salary is dependent on one’s level of expertise
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and CV as one file to email@example.com i.e. convert both the cover letter and Resume to PDF and merge as one PDF file
Strictly apply mentioning your name and position being applied for in the subject of your email
Deadline for application is on 26th February, 2018.
For more information visit our website on; www.dodore.co.ke