Feb 2018 National Bank Product Manager New Job in Kenya
National Bank of Kenya
Vacant Position Title: Product Manager
Job Ref no. HR/051/2017
Available Positions: One (1)
Division: Corporate Banking
Reporting to: Head of Agribusiness
Position Scope: The successful candidate will be responsible for development and roll out Agribusiness products, co-ordinate the delivery of Agribusiness partnerships and Value Chain propositions within National bank, through the development and commercialisation of specialist agribusiness products.
- Develop and execute an annual product operating plan in conjunction with the Business Development Managers, Value chain Managers and Relationship Managers
- Drive increased growth in revenue through new product development, enhancements and process improvements.
- Develop, implement and deliver Agribusiness strategy and annual plans across business to build an asset portfolio and liabilities as per agreed Agribusiness targets.
- Grow and Maintain market share in the Agribusiness Banking segment through innovative product development of the Agribusiness products and solutions.
- Refine existing MIS to the right level of granularity to manage product and business performance.
- Deliver increased product revenue by ensuring correct positioning in the market, appropriate pricing, campaign management, collaterals, internal and external training and governance.
- Ensure that products meet product performance criteria e.g. return on equity, impairment targets, collection ratios, etc..
- Develop and implement a one year operational roadmap for Agribusiness which includes a competitor analysis, customer segmentation, value proposition and product development to drive revenue goals for the business.
- Obtain investment from appropriate bodies by identifying opportunities aligned to business strategy for revenue generation and develop business cases to deliver an attractive return on investment (ROI) for Agribusiness
- Determine and drive pricing and monitor tariff levels on Agribusiness banking products
- Monitor, understand and highlight competitor activity and customer trends that affect Agribusiness banking
- Monitor and track Agribusiness customer recruitment and attrition rates, and implement counteractive measures when required
- Ensure preparation and comprehensive communication, training and support to retail division on Agribusiness banking products/ services, brand and promotional campaigns.
Skills & Experience
- University degree in Agricultural Economics, Marketing or Business Administration, or related field.
- Master’s degree in Agricultural Economics, Marketing or Business Administration, or related field.
- Certification in Agribusiness finance
- Five (5) years experience in banking, Agribusiness value chain and Partnership management, of which three (3) years must be Product Management
- Familiarity with commonly used tools for market analysis and program design such as sub-sector analysis, gross margin analysis and business planning.
- Demonstrated capacity to work with private sector players (financial institutions, exporters, buyers, traders, transporters, input suppliers or processors).
- Experience with externally funded development programmes would be desirable.
- Experience in dealing with local interlocutors (local NGOs, government ministries).
How to Apply:
If you believe you meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV stating your current position, current gross salary, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to: Recruitment@nationalbank.co.ke by 9th February 2018.
Applications received after the set deadline will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage/s of the process.
National Bank of Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.