Feb 2018 New Job Vacancy – Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu
Feb 2018 Resident Anaesthesiologist Job Vacancy – Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu
Feb 2018 Resident Anaesthesiologist Career Vacancy – Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu
Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu
Exciting Career Opportunities
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network. The hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach health facilities across East Africa.
The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2015 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services and is moving towards Joint Commission International Accreditation.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has also expanded its services to Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Kibuye-Kisumu, West End- Kisumu, Busia, Homa- Bay and Kapsabet Counties, with plans to spread to Bomet and Migori counties.
The Hospital seeks to recruit professionals for the following positions:
Overall Responsibility: Reporting to the Head of Department the successful candidate will be responsible for efficient delivery of anesthesiology services to patients, mentoring junior doctors, assisting with critical patients in the ACU among others.
- Planning anesthesia services through thorough review of patients pre, intra and post operatively
- Giving anesthesia
- Responding to emergencies that require the input of an anesthesiologist
- Sharing on-call responsibilities in anesthesia
- Being part of the team that looks after critical patients in acute care unit
- Teaching and mentoring of junior Doctors
Requirements and Experience
- Master’s Degree of Medicine in Anesthesia from a University recognized in Kenya
- Bachelor Degree of anesthesia and ICU or Medicine & Surgery
- Minimum 2 years work experience as an anesthesiologist
- Specialist Recognition as an anesthesiologist desirable
Skills and Competencies
- Good communicate skills.
- Be flexible and result oriented.
- Be ardent scientist with good clinical judgement
- Have a good understanding of quality processes within the department of anesthesiology
- Be in good standing with the Medical Board
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees, current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 9th February, 2018.
Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu does not solicit any funds for purposes of recruitment.
“Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer”