Feb 2018 PELUM Programme Officer New Job in Thika Kenya
Feb 2018 PELUM Agro-Enterprise Development Programme Officer Job Vacancy in Thika Kenya
Kenyan Country Chapter of Participatory Ecological Land Use Management (PELUM) Association is a national network of 53 Civil Society Organizations who work with small holder farmers in Kenya to promote Ecological Land Use Management Practices.
Its Country Office is located in Thika.
The organization seeks to fill 1 position:
Agro-Enterprise Development Programme Officer
The recruited officer will be responsible for all aspects of agricultural production using sound, appropriate and sustainable farming practices and technologies, while promoting a market based business approach to farming at PELUM Kenya.
The main strategies of interventions will include Capacity Development of its Member Organizations on agro enterprise, Farmer level interventions, upscaling of best agro-ecological practices and promotion of market linkages.
The ideal candidate should as a minimum have the following:
- Have at least a degree in Agronomy, agricultural economics or any Agriculture-related fields, and natural resource management. Having a clear understanding and past experience on agro-ecological practices including organic agriculture, sustainable agriculture, biointensive agriculture, permaculture, bio-dynamic agriculture will be an added advantages.
- Have at least three or more years’ experience successfully promoting sustainable agricultural production, value chain development, value addition and marketing of agriculture products. Experience in farmer cooperatives and agricultural credit will be an added advantage.
- Have experience in facilitating agro-enterprise development and diversification, marketing, agro-processing, post-harvest handling, enterprise development, business development services and business linkages.
- Have at least a 3-year experience in working with NGOs, networks and / or farmers organizations. Experience on sub-grant management will be an added advantage
- Have proven experience and skills in fundraising through proposal development and writing.
- Have experience in designing, mobilizing and conducting trainings for rural communities, farmers and other diverse stakehold ers
- Have a good knowledge and practical experience on issues that affect small holder farmers and rural communities.
- Have the ability to create synergy and work closely with national and regional networks and collaborative partners.
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English.
- Ability to work for long hours with minimal supervision
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications stating current and expected salary and a detailed CV with a contact mobile phone number and names and contacts of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject: Programme Officer, Agroenterprise Development to reach by March 9, 2018.
Applicants should NOT attach any scanned copies of certificates or testimonials.
Only short listed applicants will be acknowledged.
For more information about PELUM Kenya, please visit: www.pelum.net
PELUM Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.