Head Of Compliance Jobs Vacancy in Kenya June 2017
Head Of Compliance Job at SBM Bank
Responsibilities for the Head Of Compliance Job
- Develop and implement a risk-based compliance monitoring framework, capable of identifying, assessing and reporting all material compliance risks
- Monitor and coordinate compliance activities of all departments within the Bank and ensure their procedures,
internal systems and controls are up-to-date and properly documented
- Maintain an updated understanding of relevant regulatory requirements by providing advice and guidance to senior managers on various current and emerging laws and regulatory requirements that impact on the banking business
- Develop an effective compliance training program for employees to create awareness on laws, regulations and ethical standards governing the banking industry
- On an ongoing basis, identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk, and develop/implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues; and provide general guidance on dealing with similar situations in the future
- Respond to alleged violation of rules, regulations, policies and procedures by evaluating and recommending the initiation of appropriate investigative procedures
- Prepare standard and ad-hoc data reports to regulators and other stakeholders as may be required
- Review compliance policies and procedures on a regular basis to ensure they comply with statutory and regulatory requirements
- Develop and maintain effective and efficient interaction with regulators, ensuring the bank’s views are appropriately represented, and facilitate the supervisory activities of regulators
Qualifications for the Head Of Compliance Job
- Be a holder of a university degree in a business related field. A degree or Diploma in Law would be an added advantage
- Have at least seven years working experience, four of which must have been in risk management, compliance, internal audit or any other related area.
- Be conversant with banking regulatory requirements
- Possess excellent analytical skills
- Have good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
The successful candidate report to the Chief Risk Officer and will plan, direct and coordinate activities of the Bank to ensure overall compliance with legal, regulatory, ethical and integrity standards of the Bank.
How To Apply
If you believe in taking new challenges with the right mindset and match the job profile, please send your application
letter with your C.V. to:
The Manager, Human Resources, SBM Bank (Kenya) Limited, Head Off ice, IPS Building, 6th Floor, Kimathi Street,
P.O. Box 34886-00160, Nairobi, Kenya or email to email@example.com.
All applications should be received by latest, Friday 30th June, 2017.