Jan 2017 Cashier Career Vacancy in Kenya
Jan 2017 Cashier Job Opportunity in Kenya
Jan 2017 Cashier Job Recruitment in Kenya
Our Client a leading chain of Luxury Safari in East Africa is currently seeking to fill the role of a Cashier. The primary purpose for this position is to ensure that all cash related transactions are handled and accounted for in an error free environment within the timelines set by the organization’s policy.
Cashier Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Performing of bank agency duties of cash withdrawal and banking for the group
- Reconciliation of drivers floats and processing them in tour plan
- Maintenance of Head Office Petty Cash including posting of petty cash vouchers in Tour Plan
- To verify all payment vouchers before issuing cash
- To maintain up to date receipts and payments registers
- To receive and bank all sales (Cash or cheques) daily latest within 48hours.
- Accurate receipting and banking cash and cheques.
- Collecting and delivering all bank mails and correspondences.
- Preparing cash payment vouchers.
- Timely requisitioning for cheque books from the bank and safe custody of the same and other cash related documents.
- Dispatching all issued cheques to beneficiaries in line with relevant policies.
- Filing of all petty cash related documentations
- Writing of all the cheques for the Group and wire transfers and other payments
- Posts camp petty cashes in the systems and reconciles the petty cash accounts
- Ensure all imprests are accounted for within 7 days failure of which the financial controller must be advised for action
- Any other duties assigned by the Financial Controller
Qualifications for the Cashier Job
- Diploma in Business/ Finance
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a cashier/ accountant
- At least CPA III Section 5
Key Skills/ Abilities
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong financial and analytical skills.
- Ability to produce accurate and timely reports using spreadsheets and accounting software.
- Ability to work under pressure and plan/ prioritize workload.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Punctuality in regards to reporting time and work within specified deadlines.
- Self motivated and able to work independently.
Over 2 years progressive hands on experience holding a similar role or working as an accountant in a fast paced environment.
How to Apply
If you meet the above job requirement, urgently send us your c.v to firstname.lastname@example.org