Kenya Utalii College Financial Controller Job Vacancy Nov 2016
Kenya Utalii College
Job Title: Financial Controller
Established in 1969, Kenya Utalii College (KUC) is Africa’s premier hospitality and tourism training institution. With over 60,000 graduates to date, the College remains the region’s single largest producer of skilled personnel for the hospitality and tourism industry: a large number of whom hold top-ranking positions in renowned organizations all over the world.
The College is a state corporation established by the Tourism Act, 2011. In its quest to continuously match the dynamic global demand, the Council of Kenya Utalii College has embarked on a transformative agenda for this notable institution.
Accordingly, the Council is looking for an experienced and vibrant professional to fill the following position:
Financial Controller (1 Post)
Reporting to the Principal, the incumbent will be responsible to provide leadership in the division, sound management of finances and general supervision of Accounts, Operation Control and Credit Control.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Co-ordination and preparation of the College’s annual recurrent and capital budgets for presentation to the College Council and National Treasury within the stipulated time;
- Preparation of annual accounts for the College for presentation to the College Council within the stipulated time;
- Liaison with the Auditor General Corporations on audit of the College accounts in line with the State Corporations Act;
- Liaison with the various Government and Non-governmental organisations in connection with the costing, billing and receiving of international students’ fees;
- Provide support and guidance to the Management team in strategically planning the financial requirements of the institution and in the management of their departmental budgets;
- Maintain and ensure accurate financial reports on a timely basis;
- Management and maintenance of assets register;
- Advisory role to the Council on financial issues;
- Providing financial leadership, risk management, reviewing financial performance and ensuring action plans are in place to meet College commitments;
- Providing strategic advice with regards to business initiatives and projects and assisting in the execution of business strategies;
- Ensuring timely and accurate reporting on costs/revenue by cost centre and ensuring regular updating of forecasts in the light of changes in costs and revenue;
- Producing financial statements, reports and analysis to aid in decision making and implementing financial decisions.
Skills and Attributes
- Masters degree in Accounting and/or Financial Management, Finance or related field from a recognized university, with seven (7) years relevant working experience, three (3) of which must be at senior management level;
- CPA (K), ACCA or equivalent
- A member of good standing with the Institute of Chartered Public Accountants (ICPAK);
- Working experience with ERPs.
- Good communication skills;
- Team player;
- Excellent analytical skills.
Only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 on Leadership and Integrity and are, therefore, required to submit clearance certificates from the following institutions together with their application:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax Compliance Certificate)
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- A Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
How to Apply
Interested Candidates may apply in writing or via e-mail.
Applications must include a cover letter and detailed CV stating relevant experience and qualifications, current position, remuneration, contact details and references.
Applications must be received on or before 16th November, 2016: late submissions will be rejected.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Chairman, Council,
Kenya Utalii College,
Off Thika Road,
P. O. Box 31052-00600,
E-mail applications should be sent to: email@example.com