Magnate Ventures Occupational Health & Safety Intern Job Kenya
Magnate Ventures Ltd is seeking:Job Title: Occupational Health & Safety Intern
Reporting to: Occupational Health & Safety Manager
Overall Purpose: Magnate Ventures Ltd is looking for an Occupation Health & Safety intern with education that directly relates to OHS. Additionally the intern will create awareness on Environment, health and safety to staff and ensure EHS requirements and standards are implemented & maintained
Role and Responsibilities
- Inspect and evaluate workplace environments, equipment, and practices for compliance with corporate and government health and safety standards and regulations
- Design and implement workplace processes and procedures that help protect workers from potentially hazardous work conditions
- Investigate accidents and incidents to identify their causes and to determine how they might be prevented in the future
- Continually maintain an appropriate level of awareness, knowledge and preparedness across the organization which should include first aid and fire marshals.
- Assist with the implementation and delivery of health and safety activities in the company.
- Support the production of OHS performance metrics and reports.
- Assist in developing site hazards assessments.
- Conduct fire drills and co-ordinate firefighting equipment service.
- Schedule and facilitate safety committee meetings at a minimum quarterly.
- Bachelor’s Degree/ Diploma in a relevant field
- Relevant professional qualification and membership
- Knowledge of occupational health and safety.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong teamwork skills and ability to work independently.
- Good assessment and analytical skills.
- Good problem solving skills
To apply, kindly send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org