March 2018 Mechanical Technician Job Vacancy in Kenya
Job Vacancy: Mechanical Technician 1
Position Summary: This position is responsible for performing the tasks required to install, repair, modify, overhaul, diagnose, test, and maintain power plant mechanical equipment and systems
- Support the mission, vision, and values of the Company
- Observe and follow plant environmental and operational rules, procedures and guidelines.
- Strictly adhere to and enforce safety procedures as required by the company, Inc. and OSHA
- Responsible for welding and fabrication of pipe spools, flanges, fittings and structural items.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical failures as required to support plant operations.
- Perform routine and preventive maintenance tasks for sustained plant performance and assist with capital projects.
- Monitor operation and/or maintenance of plant systems.
- Maintain daily logs of failure reports of equipment and make them available.
- Good communication skills, must cooperate with his team members, team player
- Process work orders, assist in parts inventory and propose requisitioning of parts and supplies to Supervisor.
- Provide recommendations for improvement.
- Must be able to operate a vehicle in a safe manner, enter and exit vehicle without assistance, remain alert while driving for continuous period of time.
- Must be able to work overtime, weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Perform environmental and general housekeeping duties.
- Attend monthly safety meeting.
- Perform other duties as directed.
Education, Experience and Skills Required
- Minimum of Mechanical Engineering Power option diploma from a recognized institution.
- At 2 years working experience in a busy engineering firm.
- Considerable knowledge of mechanical tools, equipment, materials and practices.
- Knowledge of theory and principles of mechanical engineering.
- Considerable knowledge of hazards and safety precaution of the mechanical trade.
- High level of confidentiality, initiative and the ability to work with minimal or no supervision.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to work in a problem-solving environment.
- Ability to respond calmly and think clearly in emergency situations and quickly access all areas of the plant.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with a team, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Expertise and proficiency with basic Microsoft office computer software.
- Must be able to climb ladders, work off of elevated platforms, ladders and walkways.
- Protective equipment must be worn in the performance of some duties.
- Job requires sitting and/or standing for long periods of time with moderate bending, stooping, and kneeling.
How to Apply
Qualified Candidate to send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 18.3.2018.
Only Qualified candidates will be contacted.