Oct 2017 Innovations for Poverty Action New Jobs in Kenya
Oct 2017 Innovations for Poverty Action Field Officers New Jobs in Kenya
Oct 2017 Innovations for Poverty Action Field Officers Current Jobs in Kenya
Oct 2017 Innovations for Poverty Action Field Officers Jobs Vacancy in Kenya
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA)
Jobs: Field Officers – Evaluation of Low Cost Schools Project
Reporting To: Associate Field Manager
Reporting To: Associate Field Manager
Start Date: 2nd November, 2017
Duration: 1 Month
Deadline to Apply: 15th October, 2017
Eligibility: Position Open to Local Kenyan Hires Only
About Innovations for Poverty Action: Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is an international non-profit research organization dedicated to discovering and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems.
IPA works in partnership with development partners and academic researchers to create and evaluate approaches potential solutions to poverty problems using randomized evaluations in the fields of health, education, microfinance, governance and agriculture.
We also mobilize and support these decision makers to use these solutions to build better programs and policies at scale.
About the Project: Evaluation of Low Cost Schools Project will compare learning outcomes in low cost private schools relative to other available options in the vicinity.
There is tremendous growth and innovation in the low cost private school market and this project aims to use a randomized controlled trial to better understand the effectiveness of such schools relative to public school options.
The Principal Investigators for this project are Anthony Keats (Wesleyan University), Michael Kremer (Harvard University) Isaac Mbiti (University of Virginia) and Owen Ozier (World Bank).
About the Position: The Field Officer, under the supervision of the Associate Field Manager and Senior Field Officer, will be primarily responsible for data collection on pupil surveys, parent surveys and pupil assessment at test centers or respondents’ homes.
The Field Offices will also be involved in undertaking phone surveys.
The Field Officer will also be expected to assist with office tasks such including translations and data entry.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducting pupil surveys, parent surveys and pupil assessment to parents/caregivers and sample pupils ensuring high data quality.
- Data collection preparation work, including translations, pretesting, and piloting.
- Diligent completion of checklists and other means of monitoring data.
- Data entry tasks as assigned by the Project Management.
- Proper use and maintenance of project equipment (phones, GPS machines, headphones, etc.)
- Prompt arrival at work and completion of scheduled activities each day
- Successfully working in a team and avoiding/minimizing conflicts with the rest of the team members
- Participating in staff trainings and making efforts to improve one’s capacity
- Positive, hard-work attitude, with the aim of individually and helping the team complete the work
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in relevant field (social sciences, development studies, early childhood education, or community development)
- Excellent oral and written communication in both English, Kiswahili
- Excellent management and organizational skills
- Computer literate
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (social sciences, development studies, early childhood education, or community development)
- Experience working with children and mothers or early childhood development projects
- Prior experience in data collection and survey administration, preferably using CAI (SurveyCTO)
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Field Officer- Evaluation of Low Cost Schools Project. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant.