Oct 2017 New Job Vacancy Rafiki wa Maendeleo in Kenya
Oct 2017 New Job Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust Programs Manager Kenya
Oct 2017 Job Recruitment Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust Programs Manager Kenya
Oct 2017 Job Employment Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust Programs Manager Kenya
About Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust: Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust (RWMT) is a charitable organization that works to empower communities to create positive change in a rural area of Siaya County in Western Kenya.
- Align and track all programmatic activities in Health, Education, Economic Empowerment and Advocacy & Children Rights carried out by the project teams and community volunteers through close collaboration with the program coordinators and M&E team; continually facilitating cross-programmatic learning and program quality.
- Oversee satellite programs and sub-grantees across Siaya County. Provide guidance to coordinators on managing these relationships and programs effectively.
- Ensure all aspects of RWMT projects are carried out to completion, work with the team to anticipate and handle any challenges faced in the programs.
- Develop the programs’ team skills in project management, including scheduling and timeline management, budget tracking and resource planning.
- Assure mainstreaming of participatory processes and community-driven approaches through mentoring, coaching and other activities.
- Keep staff morale high and help the team cope with the emotional challenges of the job.
- Handle reporting and/or provide relevant input for various grants and donors.
- In collaboration with Finance Manager ensure good financial oversight on all projects.
- Cultivate a positive work environment where staff are happy and enjoy coming to work each day.
- Further refine our theory of change and alignment to our 20+ projects and programs under it, driving interrelated, holistic and evidence-based decision making.
- Review, condense and consolidate existing programs to identify core programmatic models that are ready for advocacy, scale-up and replication.
- Closely work with the M&E Manager to develop a culture of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) in the Programs team.
- Stay updated with development trends and key issues in Siaya and the region at large. Identify and monitor new, ongoing, and potential programs in the region and propose how RWMT can play a key role in moving the development space forward.
- Contribute to build and nurture all partner relationships and donor engagement for quality programming and expansion.
- Build relationships with all relevant government functions, enabling us to advocate and influence their work and the policy framework.
- Conceptualize and budget for new initiatives, be it RWMT programs, sub-granting or other.
- Work closely with the Resource Mobilization team to assist in grant writing and collaborate on fundraising. Streamline program processes and procedures to improve coordination for the applications of funds.
- You have a strong passion for and solid experience and insight in children’s and youth program design and management principles.
- You believe in the contribution that empowered children and youth can have on community development, and have an understanding how to navigate culture, rural challenges and development trends. Experience with OVC psycho-social support needs and HIV/AIDS programs is desirable.
- You put the community first, show resilience in the face of challenges and know how to support your team through the tough moments of community work.
- You have skills in participatory methods and facilitation, enjoy collaborative relationships with teams and external stakeholders.
- You have thorough understanding and strong skills in all aspects of project management. At least 3-5 years of supervisory experience in project management; ability to develop and lead both small and medium size multi-sectoral program teams.
- You have the skills and experience required to implement projects with a total budget upwards of 750,000 USD.
- You have strong experience in donor reporting, grant management and reporting cycles, esp. handling multiple parallel grants. You have experience in managing sub-grantees or a project with multiple sites
- You are very grounded in development work and trends, understand evolving industry standards and have strong interest in evidence-based practices
- You have been involved in writing winning proposals. You understand realities of projects and grants at the grassroots as well as iNGO level. Experience with grants from USAID, DFID etc is ideal and existing networks welcome.
- You are compassionate and deeply care about children, youth and rural development.
- You value transparency and encourage accountability in all aspects of your life.
- You pride yourself on being flexible and adaptable to changing circumstances.
- You are humble and comfortable in varying social and professional settings, alternating between interacting with rural community members, and high-level stakeholder meetings with institutional representatives.
- You value being part of a team that aims to set new industry standards.
- While our work with communities is very challenging, it is also very rewarding – you see lives changing before your eyes!
- You will be part of growing our impact with some exciting networks and partnerships that we have built over the past 15 years.
- We are on the journey to becoming a role model development organization and will in the process support many other CBOs and NGOs.
- We are a committed team and we care about each other.
- You will be living and working in a beautiful, calm and clean environment, with fresh air and close to Lake Victoria.
- First, please have a look at this guide on how to submit your application and tips on our selection process: http://bit.ly/CandidatesGuide
- Fill out the application form under http://bit.ly/RafikiPrograms
- Send your CV in PDF format to email@example.com with the subject line “Programs Manager Rafiki”. Please ensure it is tailored to this role and no more than 3 pages.
Selection process in collaboration with edge recruitment