Oct 2017 Project Health Informatics Officer NGO Job in Kisumu
Oct 2017 PATH HSDSA Project Health Informatics Officer NGO Job in Kisumu
Oct 2017 PATH HSDSA Project Health Informatics Officer NGO Recent Job in Kisumu
Oct 2017 PATH HSDSA Project Health Informatics Officer NGO Current Vacancy in Kisumu
PATH – HSDSA Project
Health Informatics Officer Tracking Code: 8462
Job Location: Kisumu, , Kenya
Company Location: Kenya, Kisumu
Position Type: Full-Time / Regular
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children.
We accelerate innovation across five platforms – vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations – that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity.
By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs.
Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.HIV Service Delivery Support Activity (HSDSA) Cluster 1 is a USAID funded project covering Homa Bay, Kisumu, Migori, Kisii and Nyamira counties.
The purpose of this project is to provide key clinical support to the Government of Kenya national HIV response with the overall goal of increasing access and coverage for HIV prevention, care and treatment services towards achieving the “90-90-90” targets.PATH is seeking to recruit a Health Informatics Officer to provide technical support and supervision to ensure EMR implementation at facility level is carried out to the fullest extent possible and to the highest possible degree of quality.
In addition the successful candidate will
- provide technical support and expertise, coordination and supervision of all HIV services related software design and implementation and database administration and health informatics and information systems strengthening within the assigned project area in compliance with national and donor guidelines and policies;
- provide technical support and supervision in collaboration with MOH CHMT and SCHMT teams in the successful planning and implementation of HIV service delivery Health Informatics related activities at facility level, including facility work planning and target setting, support supervision, technical support and reporting.
The Health Informatics Officer will be based in Kisumu.Specific duties and responsibilities;
- Health Informatics and Information Systems strengthening including co-ordination and support for implementation MOH and HSDSA Health Information Systems strengthening mainly focusing on Electronic Medical Records (EMR) platforms at facility, sub-county and county levels.
- Provide technical support for eHealth/mHealth Systems Support and administration including provide first level support , troubleshooting, system testing, applications’ rollout, user training and providing excellent post-rollout client support via phone, internet, or in-person.
- Lead in training and capacity building on EMR and eHealth in compliance with national protocols and guidelines and provide continuous mentorship.
- Ensure acceptable levels of data quality and integrity as per national protocols and guidelines.
- Provide technical support for relevant software design and implementation for HIV Service Delivery Information Systems.
- Provide technical support and coordination for Database Administration (DBMS).
- Provide technical support for integration of the project’s technical approaches for the achievement of successful project health informatics implementation at facility level using evidence informed, innovative and best practices.
- Provide technical support during weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual facility performance reviews using EMR and related health informatics platforms.
- Provide technical support for Quality Improvement/Quality Assurance interventions at facility level in collaboration with C (SC) HMT using EMR and related health informatics platforms.
- Participate in site preparation for supportive supervision and SIMS assessments and ensure recommendations are implemented at facility level by project team in collaboration with C (SC) HMT.
- Represent the project in health informatics technical forums at facility, sub-county and county level.
- Bachelor’s degree in health records and management sciences / statistics / information systems, IT, Informatics or other degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage, Health Informatics (or equivalent qualification) with an advanced diploma with a minimum of 5 years’ experience providing direct technical support in implementation of health informatics platforms with specific experience in HIV/TB projects,
- Hands on experience in HIV service delivery health informatics implementation and technical coordination.
- Proven experience and familiarity with MOH/GOK EMR and health informatics systems. Research experience, proposal and abstract writing will be a distinctive advantage.
- Professional presentation skills.
- Excellent computer and IT skills.
- Excellent facilitation, mentorship, team building and coordination skills.
- Field oriented and comfortable with a team approach to programming.
- Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills, capable of directing and managing change, effective delegation, inspiring teamwork and motivating staff and partners to achieve results.
- Ability to work in a complex project implementation environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Ability to collaboratively forge partnerships with other USG implementing mechanisms that are supporting health informatics.
Must have legal authorization to work in Kenya.PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Deadline: Thursday, October 19th 2017 at 5.00 p.m