Oct 2017 Senior Field Officers New Jobs in Kenya
Oct 2017 Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) Senior Field Officers New Jobs in Kenya
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA)
Jobs: Senior Field Officers – Evaluation of Low Cost Schools Project
Reporting To: Associate Field Manager
Start Date: 2nd November, 2017
Duration: 1 Month
Deadline to Apply: 15th October, 2017
Eligibility: Position open to local Kenyan hires only
About Innovations for Poverty Action: Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is an international non-profit research organization dedicated to discovering and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems.
IPA works in partnership with development partners and academic researchers to create and evaluate approaches potential solutions to poverty problems using randomized evaluations in the fields of health, education, microfinance, governance and agriculture.
We also mobilize and support these decision makers to use these solutions to build better programs and policies at scale.
About the Project: Evaluation of Low Cost Schools Project will compare learning outcomes in low cost private schools relative to other available options in the vicinity.
There is tremendous growth and innovation in the low cost private school market and this project aims to use a randomized controlled trial to better understand the effectiveness of such schools relative to public school options.
The Principal Investigators for this project are Anthony Keats (Wesleyan University), Michael Kremer (Harvard University) Isaac Mbiti (University of Virginia) and Owen Ozier (World Bank).
About the Position: Reporting to the Associate Field Manager, the Senior Field Officer will assist in data collection and supervision of FOs.
The Senior Field Officer will work closely with fellow Senior Field Officers, Field Officers and with the management team.
He/she will spend approximately 95% of his/her time in the field.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Timely collection of quality data by conducting surveys, interviews and other scheduled activities and by rigorously following the study protocol with minimal supervision
- Do frequent and random spot checking in the field to monitor Field Officers, allocation of duties and provide daily field updates and feedback to the AFM
- Assist in completing back check surveys
- Ensure data integrity is maintained and minimize errors in data collection and transmission
- Help project management in planning of field activities and schedules as necessary requirements for every visit
- Help in timely documentation of field scenarios and relaying the same to the project management for necessary action
- Assist AFMs supervise a team of 5-7 field officers in the office/field, manage their work, and ensure that they are all following IPA survey protocols –not sure about this
- Managing data collection tablets/netbooks, charging, passwords and custody
- Supervise allocation of respondent gifts to field offices and ensure accountability
- Verify that field officers have interviewed the right respondent
- Uploading all data collected by various groups to the server
- Promptly respond to communication from the AFM or other IPA staff
- Perform other duties related to the project that may be assigned to him/her
Qualifications and Experience
- College diploma or university degree in Social Sciences, Education, Economics, Statistics, Business or equivalent qualifications
- At least 1 year of data collection experience for bachelor holders and at least 2 years data collection experience for diploma holders.
- Prior experience managing a team, planning field activities and preparing field reports.
- Previous experience working with caregivers and children with the ability to handle and speak with people from diverse cultural back grounds.
- Excellent Oral and written communication in English and Swahili.
- Ability to handle and speak with people from diverse cultural back grounds
- Ability to work independently and as a part of the team
- Experience with data collection using both paper surveys and CAI.
- Ability to be flexible and comfortable interviewing both illiterate and high cadre individuals while maintaining professionalism.
- Basic computing knowledge and skills – Mandatory.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Senior Field Officer- Evaluation of Low Cost Schools Project. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant.