Pumps Technician Jobs vacancy in Nairobi, Kenya 2017
Pumps Technician Career Recruitment in Nairobi, Kenya June 2017
Jobs Vacancy: Pumps Technician Employment Nairobi Kenya 2017
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Job Vacancy: Pumps Technician
Duties & Responsibilities
- Carry out random checks on pumps to ensure proper functioning
- Carry out repairs on all pumps and prepare summary reports
- Assess and diagnose problems with broken down water supply systems including submersible electric & hand pumps, surface pumps, electrical pump controls, piping and pipe fittings, water treatment units and general borehole installations and give recommendations / reports on their repair as per the ppm
- Ensure preventive maintenance completed in line with company’s quality standards, in timely manner
- Should be able operate assemble and install valves and fittings at the pump room
- Assemble pipe sections, tubing and fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, PPR burn, brazing and welding equipment.
- Ensure any installed pump repairs are inspected and done properly
- Carry out or coordinate repairs on broken down water systems in the pump rooms and restore to working condition.
- Attend to all Emergency and safety breakdowns
- Familiarize self with how to work with water pumps, Speed pumps (VFD), Pool pumps and filtration (multifilters), RO, UV and other electrical pumps control connections
- Carry out tank and pump inspections as needed
- Carry out scheduled and called-upon preventive service and maintenance
- Responsible for servicing fuel pumps and any other station repairs
- Carry out preventive maintenance of the station pumps
- Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions
- Attending to pumps within set time limit to avoid time wastage
- Take part in the Maintenance team briefings daily
- Optimal communication and cooperation with all other technicians
- Perform any other duty which the manager may from time to time assign
Qualifications & Skills
- Certificate/Trade test or Diploma in Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering or equivalent certificate from a recognized institution in any discipline relating to Water, Civil or Electrical Engineering is the necessary educational requirement
- At least 3 years’ practical experience with installations and repairs on water pumps systems (electricals controls and pipework) especially for pools, speed pumps, borehole and surface water supplies.
- Excellent technical knowledge in water pump electronics.
- Well-developed interpersonal and team skills ability to be flexible in demanding situations
- Good people relations and communication skills.
- Team player willing to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task between various briefs
KINDLY NOTE that this job is ONLY available to registered candidates, and if qualified and want to register send your CV to email@example.com with the title “Pumps Technician” on the subject line.