RTI International Operations Director Jobs vacancy 2017
RTI International Operations Director (Governance and Economic Development) Career Recruitment in Kampala, Uganda
Jobs Vacancy: Operations Director Employment Kampala Uganda 2017
Job Description: NGO Today Work Uganda
RTI International is seeking experienced applicants for the position of Operations Director to serve as part of RTI’s Governance and Economic Development Division, supporting the Uganda GAPP program.
This position will be based in Kampala, Uganda.
The Operations Director provides operations management and direction in coordination with other members of the project team in technical, contractual, financial and administrative units.
- Monitor project activity against the contract and notify/advise technical leaders of significant events and potential concerns regarding the intersection of contract, budget, and technical work, engaging appropriate corporate contractual and finance resources for non-routine issues
- Support development of annual work plan budgets/revisions; monitor, track, and analyze actual expenses on a monthly basis to produce client-required reports
- Identify other tracking and analysis tools needed to support decision-making, management review, and contractual compliance
- Ensure that contractual and internal approval requirements (waivers, task orders, and approval memos) are met, and prepare justifications supporting those actions in coordination with project leadership and business support groups
- Ensure four regional offices receive appropriate operational support and oversight and conduct operations activities in an efficient, effective, and standardized manner
- Monitor budget analyses/reports and project cost reports/invoices against contract requirements, implementation progress and general cost reasonability; alert management team to necessary contractual or management actions based on that review (e.g., LOE or line item reallocation, etc.)
- Assist in the identification, recruitment, and management of consultants and subcontractors; perform the actions necessary to initiate appropriate contractual mechanisms
- Support Grantee identification, monitoring and support including aspects of Local Capacity Development related to Operations and Finance
- Provide general operations support to COP and technical team, as needed, in all areas including procurement, contracts, grants, consultants and finance issues, liaising with home office as necessary
- Provide compliance and management oversight as well as identify, implement and coordinate risk mitigation processes to facilitate compliant, low-risk, efficient operations
- Serve as a direct supervisor to five functional managers and provide oversight to GAPP’s five regional office coordinators.
- Provide oversight to Human Resources Manager and ensure appropriate management of HR matters including performance management, HR systems, etc.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s degree preferred in business, finance, accounting or relevant discipline and 10 years of relevant work experience including substantial prior work experience on international donor-funded projects in a program management or financial management capacity.
- 6-8 years of USAID financial, contractual or grants management required (including provision of in-country training and support to field-based project staff).
- A minimum of 5 years of project management experience.
- Experience backstopping programs in East Africa is preferred.
Skills & Abilities
- Must have advanced budgeting, financial analysis, and MS Excel skills.
- Excellent communication skills; attention to details is required. Flexible and able to multi-task.
- Must be able to work collaboratively (across time zones and cultural boundaries.)
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of internal and external clients.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online