Sept 2017 Insurance Systems Programmer New Jobs Kenya
Systems Programmer Job Vacancy at Resulution Insurance
Job Grade: TBA
Reports to: Manager Business Applications
Hours of Work: As per the contract.
Contract Period: 6 Months, with a possibility of extension
The Contracted Programmer’s overall purpose is to develop high quality software solutions and API’s. The jobholder is expected to demonstrate commitment and loyalty and perform all duties in accordance with the organization’s office routines and procedures, keeping in mind the overall business objectives.
Qualifications for the Systems Programmer Job
- Bachelors Degree in IT/Computer Science.
- At least 2 years working experience as programmer.
- Proficient in MSSQL.
- Proficient In Dot Net, PHP, Python, Java – Programming Languages.
- Proficient in Java script and or VB Script.
- Successful development of Integrations using Web services will be an added advantage.
Desired Skills and Qualities
- Analytical Thinking: Computer programmers need to understand, manipulate, and repair complex computer code.
- Strong Attention to Detail: Computer programmers need to pay attention to every line of code written.
- Collaboration: Computer programmers may need help from another department or colleague to fix a software issue.
- General Programming Skills, Problem Solving, Software Algorithm Design, Software Performance Tuning,
- Software Design, Software Debugging, Software Development Fundamentals, Software Documentation, Software Testing
Systems Programmer Job Responsibilities
- Work closely with the business analysis team to develop, maintain, debug, and test computer programs.
- Confirms project requirements by reviewing program objective, input data, and output requirements with analyst, supervisor, and client.
- Arranges project requirements in programming sequence by analyzing requirements; preparing a work flow chart and diagram using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic.
- Encodes project requirements by converting work flow information into computer language.
- Confirms program operation by conducting tests; modifying program sequence and/or codes.
- Prepares reference for users by writing operating instructions.
- Maintains historical records by documenting program development and revisions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Any other tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
The following Core competencies are the skills, knowledge and behaviors expected of an employee at Resolution Insurance Co. Limited. These competencies may need to be adjusted depending on the company’s overall mission and values.
- Communicates clearly and professionally in written and oral forms to both internal and external clients.
- Generates and acts on new ideas that add value to the business. Looks at different ways to solve problems and address difficulties.
- Sets goals and strives to achieve them with enthusiasm and determination.
- Has a good understanding of the business environment and the impact their behavior has on the reputation of the company.
- Treats colleagues and customers in a manner which demonstrates integrity, honesty and fairness.
How to Apply
All applications MUST be made through the company portal.