Sept 2017 Living Goods New Jobs Advisor Kenya
Sept 2017 Living Goods New Jobs Advisor for Health Financing Kenya
Sept 2017 Living Goods Latest Jobs Advisor for Health Financing Kenya
Advisor, Health Financing Jobs at Living Goods
Advisor, Health Finance Job Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key members within county finance and health management teams.
- Lead a thorough analysis of the main barriers to contracting non-state actors for health services, particularly community health services.
- Lead the sharing and dissemination of lessons learned from the county-analysis with key government stakeholders, donors and other interested stakeholders.
- Support the counties’ efforts to build capacity in setting up systems, tools and processes related to financing and contracting non-state actors.
- Support selected counties on work planning and budget development, and in the execution of practices to prioritize community health.
- Secure commitments from counties to contract with Living Goods on the provision of key services.
- Remain current on the main sources of funding for counties in the RMNCAH, TB, HIV, Nutrition and NCDs space, and on the strategic direction for medium to long term health financing reforms in Kenya.
- Support counties’ effort to identify additional funding for community health.
- Act as a technical thought partner to key stakeholders in county governments, including senior leadership. Encourage the use of evidence for key policy and implementation decisions in health financing reforms. Introduce new and creative approaches or strategies.
- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders involved in health financing, especially the MoH, MoF, World Bank, PEPFAR and Global Fund.
- Support exploratory efforts for Living Goods in new health financing areas such as national and community health insurance.
Qualifications for the Advisor, Health Financing
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in health financing in Kenya
- Experience in policy engagement with senior government planners
- Experience in providing technical assistance on financing, work planning and budgeting practices to local governments in the health sector
- Exceptional quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Experience in proposal development for new financing opportunity, a benefit
- Experience with program design including M&E, grant management, business development preferable in a health context
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively at senior levels of government and with a range of stakeholders
- Master’s degree in Finance preferred. Public Health, Public Policy, Public Administration, Economics, Business Administration, or Law degrees will be considered
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity. The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please visit our career page and apply for Health Financing Manager through our applicant tracking system. Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
For more information about Living Goods, please visit: