Sept 2017 Senior Cost Analytic Accountant Kenyan New Jobs
Senior Cost Analytic Accountant Job at Monsato
Main Purpose of the Job:
- Performing actual cost calculation for all inventories of the entity; raw materials, purchased goods and produced finished/semi-finished products and by-products, other low value materials;
- Monitoring of inventory transactions and reconcile differences between US GAAP and local accounting monthly and propose adjustments;
- Ensure adequate accounting controls and procedures in costing and inventories are effective;
- Ensure costing model for actual cost calculation applied in the company is effective and in line with accounting and tax regulations;
- Control the accuracy of inventory, participating in physical inventory counting; reflect differentials in accounting books and records (deficit, surplus, kind mixing); regulate differentiation between actual assets and accounting data, which have been revealed during physical inventory counts;
Roles for the Senior Cost Analytic Accountant Job
Actual cost calculation
- Reflecting data in the system to determine costs of raw materials, purchased goods and produced finished/semi-finished products and by-products; Support data in system with required internal documents.
- Accumulate and apply overhead costs as required by accepted accounting principles and local company accounting policy;
- Calculate the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close. Post necessary adjustments in the system.
- Cooperate with production and engineering teams, ensuring inputs receiving and accuracy in primary documentation; alignment with records in the system;
- Monthly stock reconciliation;
- Help to investigate counting variances and resolve issues;
- Participate in physical inventory counts and ensure proper reflection of results in accounting books
- Account for other materials and low value items, ensure timely write off and correctness of balances;
- Support transactions in system with required internal documents.
Analysis and Reporting
- Reconcile differences between US GAAP and local accounting on a monthly basis and propose adjustments;
- Participate in activities during month end close of the General Ledger;
- Analyzing changes in manufacturing processes and reflect them in Cost Accounting model;
- Conduct ongoing process constraint analyses and initiate mitigating actions.
- Lead the project of maintaining Local Cost Accounting model; Initiate changes in Accounting policy and/or
- Cost Accounting model to enhance accuracy and controls.
- Support projects regarding COGS, inventories, spare parts etc. in accounting area.
Qualifications for the Senior Cost Analytic Accountant Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related business field
- 5+ years of accounting/finance experience, min. 3 years as cost accountant, preferably in multinational companies within manufacturing environment
- Experience with SAP, strong Excel user, working experience with large databases
- Experience in the agriculture, manufacturing or seed industry is an added advantage
- Experience in cost accounting and financial analysis
- Experience in Inventory management
- Good level in English language
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally within the company through strong influencing and leadership skills.
- Strong project Management and organization skills and ability to handle multiple projects
- Strong listening skills & capable to influence and align internal and external needs towards actionable business tactics & strategies on a proactive basis.
- Should be willing to work on an 18-month renewable contract
Why work with us?
- Life at Monsanto means collaborating with dedicated professionals in a stimulating environment.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- You will work with market leading brand products in a global organization.
- Monsanto is named Great Place to Work in many countries around the world.
- We provide full time employment, medical insurance, mobile phone and other benefits.
How to Apply
Please ensure to attach your CV to your application and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and candidates are advised to apply as soon as they can. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.